Switching to Analog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Hey, what's up... All four AACo PD Districts have both just switched over to analog. Anyone know what's up?

Northern is operating on their old analog talkgroup: 1616 /2096 Aux
Eastern is operating on their old analog talkgroup: 1648 / 2128 Aux
Western is operating on their old analog talkgroup: 1680 / 2160 Aux
Southern is operating on their old analog talkgroups: 1712 / 2192 Aux

Guess we can confirm that these groups can still be used as-needed. Some units are having problems when they go to Aux... some go to the digital Aux channels, and others go to the analog channels.

Wonder how the digital system went down, or if this is planned.

Last edited:

pasadenamd

Hey, what's up... All four AACo PD Districts have both just switched over to analog. Anyone know what's up?

Northern is operating on their old analog talkgroup: 1616 /2096 Aux
Eastern is operating on their old analog talkgroup: 1648 / 2128 Aux
Western is operating on their old analog talkgroup: 1680 / 2160 Aux
Southern is operating on their old analog talkgroups: 1712 / 2192 Aux

Guess we can confirm that these groups can still be used as-needed. Some units are having problems when they go to Aux... some go to the digital Aux channels, and others go to the analog channels.

Wonder how the digital system went down, or if this is planned.

I was listening to the archive of that. It seems the radio kept breaking up. One dispatcher said it was the whole system.

I noticed recently that dispatchers were having problems with their headsets. They either couldn't hear the officers or their volume of their voice per the radio would go down and the officers could not hear them. This has been going on for the last week.

They are back on digital now.

The dispatcher radio keeps being scratchy. They had to switch dispatchers while dispatching a call.

Last edited:

lebrunmn

Premium Subscriber
Yes, sometimes it's so bad, you can't understand the transmission at all... I had to plug the old analog talkgroups back into my scanners, last night--I had just given up on them, and deleted them from most of my scanners.

Of course, I'm sorry they're having problems, and I certainly wouldn't want any officer to be at risk, but at least we know the talkgroups haven't been reassigned, and are there for some kind of fall-back mode, if needed.

pasadenamd

Yes, sometimes it's so bad, you can't understand the transmission at all... I had to plug the old analog talkgroups back into my scanners, last night--I had just given up on them, and deleted them from most of my scanners.

Of course, I'm sorry they're having problems, and I certainly wouldn't want any officer to be at risk, but at least we know the talkgroups haven't been reassigned, and are there for some kind of fall-back mode, if needed.

When I was listening to the archive feed, I was worried how the officers sometimes couldn't even reach the dispatchers in the begining because of the radio problems. It is a great thing that they have the back up radio system. Maybe these are some of the reasons why the fire department has not switched to digital and stayed with analog.

A dispatcher said they got new headsets but still seem to have problems with them.

Last edited:

pasadenamd

The Eastern Dispatcher's radio volume is very low today. The officers keep telling the dispatcher but she says its the highest.

lebrunmn

Premium Subscriber
Dispatcher volume problem

Matt-

I've been listening on and off most of today, and I hear mobile units say that the dispatcher's volume is low, even though it sounds fine to me...

pasadenamd

Matt-

I've been listening on and off most of today, and I hear mobile units say that the dispatcher's volume is low, even though it sounds fine to me...

That volume doesnt seem to be a problem with me listening. I do get alot of scratchiness every so often with the Eastern Dispatcher. I only listen to Eastern District PD and the fire department channels so I am not exactly sure if the other districts are also having problems.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
One issue is the problem with current P25 vcoders and the firefighting environment. It appears that some sound frequencies (like breathing apparatus bells) cause interference that render voice comms unreadable.

Status
Not open for further replies.