Switching V-Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Hello to all,

I have noticed on when I go from one v-folder to another it ask me if I overwrite the system? I hit no than it will not switch (I do not know to save it) If I hit yes than it will go to the other v-folder if I want to go back to other one than if I had updated the I overwrote most of it will be gone than I have to reprogram it again. I am lost on these things lol. Thanks

DonS

It may help if you think of the V-Folders vs. main memory like this:
1. Main Memory is like running one instance of Windows Notepad, where you have one text file open at a time
2. V-Folders are like having 21 text files saved on your hard disk
3. If you make changes to the file that's currently loaded into Notepad, you need to save it before you load one of the other 20, or you'll lose your changes. Notepad asks you "do you want to save the changes?" The PSR-500 asks you if you really want to "overwrite main memory?"
4. There's a 21st V-Folder (#00) that could be considered a "temp.txt" file - a place to store your changed working memory before loading one of #01 - #20

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
How would I save before I go another folder? I have had the pro96 years back couldn't remember.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Save then Switch

bravo14 said:
How would I save before I go another folder? I have had the pro96 years back couldn't remember.[/QUOTE

First press Func the PGM then STOR then pick the folder you want to put it in, I chose the v-folder that I will probably never use, no where near my area (Florida North).
Or use 00.
Thanks for help on other post.

Status
Not open for further replies.