TRX-1: Swivel Belt Clip

Status
Not open for further replies.

djs9164

Did anything come out of this? I actually dropped my scanner due to the broken belt clip. Cant trust it and wont buy another one if its going to break again.

ve3ext

Premium Subscriber
there have been numerous complaints!!!

Whistler are you listening?
What are your intentions here ?
Thank you

Jerry VE3EXT

AerialEars

Belt Clip Mod

I first used this mod on my GRE PRS-500 and then on my Whistler 1040. Haven't tried it yet on my TRX-1, but it looks like the belt clip slot is the same dimensions.

https://forums.radioreference.com/gre-scanners/137890-gre-psr-500-belt-clip-mod-big-improvement.html

The first post mentions an XTS-1250 belt clip. Later in the post, an XTS-3000 is mentioned. I used the XTS-3000 belt clip. They're available on ebay for $5 to $7.

Don't glue it or drill holes in the case as some of the posts mention. Do this instead: simply cut off some of the locking tab. I scored it with a pair of diagonal cutters and then twisted back and forth a couple of times and it broke off cleanly.

Push the clip down into the slot and the locking tab will snap down into place if you've cut enough off, holding the clip securely.

If you need to get the clip off, slide a small flat screwdriver down from the top and lift up on the tab while sliding the clip upward.

AOD999

I also had mine break recently and randomly causing it to fall from my hip. Thank heavens the scanner came with the case or i fear what would have happened. also 03A17

ve3ext

Premium Subscriber
trx1belt clip

and mine finally broke last week., after a year., (I did do some repairs to it during this time)

So. I took the back off and was going to replace with a Motorola clip I have on hand.
The top half of the radio contains a board that moves a bit., but I'm not sure what else needs to come apart to completely remove the board., install the clip and reassemble.
Has anyone done this mod? Any tips to assist in the disassembly?
tnx/73
jerry VE3EXT

rayvelcoro

I use an affordable police radio holster from a police supply store. you can also get them online. Just tie a loop knot in the closure string/snap to shorten it and then it will snap closed securely enough.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.