TRX-1: Swivel Belt Clip

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacravitae

Premium Subscriber
The swivel belt clip that came with my scanner, broke within 2 weeks of receiving the scanner. Has anyone discovered a viable alternative to using the factory belt clip, i.e. replacement, case w/clip, etc.?
If the factory one breaks that easily, I am not interested in replacing it with the same one for $9.95, or returning the scanner because of that defect. Thank you for your time and response.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
I wish they had a total metal one rather than a metal/plastic one, the one for bcd396xt is more durable, kinda wish they had that kind...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

sacravitae

Premium Subscriber
Belt Clip

I wish they had a total metal one rather than a metal/plastic one, the one for bcd396xt is more durable, kinda wish they had that kind...

I agree. I have had that one for years, with no problems. In the case of this TRX-1 belt clip, Though it does not look very durable, I just wasn't sure if I just got "lucky" enough to have gotten a defective one with my scanner. One of the tiny end caps that hold the pivot pin in, is missing, and the "pivot pin" works it's way out. (It,s no wonder it comes with the super duty rubber case, (which I am not inclined to use)

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Yep I had the same problem after buying mine from someone who hardly used their trx-1, belt clip come apart that weekend

Muxlow

Super Secret
Day 1 of having my TRX-1 the little pin the holds the clip itself to the clip that goes onto the scanner came out someplace and when i got out of the truck.. scanner fell. Useless now that iv lost the little metal pin.. That lasted not even 24 hours

So no wi have no belt clip and that is a nice PITA

mrg1std

Premium Subscriber
I have the GRE PSR-800 and the Whistler TX-1 and both have the same swivel clip. Both clips are broken. I would not buy another one they are junk.

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
is there a way to use a different one or reinforce the original somehow ,..if its breaking at the actual clip & not the radio ?

N5ZDV

Mine just came apart and the spring went flying off somewhere. The plastic parts and the pivot pin are all fine.Happened after about 2 weeks of casual use.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone -
Sorry for my delay in responding to this post. I have been out of the country for a bit.

I'd like to look into this a bit more but need a bit of information.

Would each of you that are having (or had) and issue with your swivel belt clip either post or send me the code that is on your scanner. If you take the battery door off there is a 5 digit code on a label on the BOTTOM of the unit (under the door so you have to take it off). ie. 09A16 is the code on my TRX-1.

If you can send me that code, I will be happy to look into the issue and will be in touch.

Thanks,
WW

ve3ext

Premium Subscriber
trx-1 swivel belt clip

swivel pin will not stay in !!!

09A16 is the number
Thanks

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Mine had come apart too, I eventually just ordered another swivel clip, the number on the trx-1 is 05A16.. Now my issue, which was my fault and not the scanners, is I went to sit down and it shaved off where the belt clip goes or slides on to, so it won't stay, this is the scanner part in the back where it slides into place.. Meaning I have to get a new back for the scanner, or I have to get a case (leather or nylon) if they make then that has a belt clip separate from the scanners clip... Maybe it's something to look into if one isn't available yet.. @whistler Wendy any thoughts???

Muxlow

Super Secret
My TRX belt clip snapped first day getting into the vehicle.
Had a old motorola belt clip.. had to get the grinder and cut it done a we bit.. but slides in place and works good! Was going to mod a D ring thing so it can swivel around.. but havnt made it that far yet

Flatshovel

The pin has also come out of mine as well. Lucky I was able to put it back in, however it keeps working out. Looks like the pin is not long enough and the clip to me seems flimsy. I am to the point now I don't use the clip and am trying to find a case.

Date code: 08A16

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
I have the original swivel clip that came with my 1088 that I've never used... never even put it on the scanner. I'll give it to anyone who wants it... first PM gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.