Syracuse Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennis928

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I have been having some problems with the Syr. police and county sheriff systems on my
BCD996xt. I do not pick up any police calls. I downloaded the systems from RR and used
Freescan to upload to the scanner. Other systems such as fire and state police seem to
work ok. I see the police system is listed as p25 standard (digital xt). Not sure if that means
that it is encrypted or not. I am not really up to speed with these new digital scanners and
have been doing some reading although I am not getting anywhere with all the settings on
this radio. Any help would be appericiated.

Thanks,
Dennis

dennis928

Premium Subscriber
Hello scan1806,

Yes any help would be great. If you could let me know how you have your spd & sheriff set up and
working should do it. All the other downloads from RR worked straight away. I wonder if I have
something set wrong or in the wrong place.

Thanks,
Dennis

theturk182

Premium Subscriber
Did he help you? He was giving me some advice for Madison County. Same system as Syracuse. I am still lost!

AuntEnvy

Hello,

I have been having some problems with the Syr. police and county sheriff systems on my
BCD996xt. I do not pick up any police calls. I downloaded the systems from RR and used
Freescan to upload to the scanner. Other systems such as fire and state police seem to
work ok. I see the police system is listed as p25 standard (digital xt). Not sure if that means
that it is encrypted or not. I am not really up to speed with these new digital scanners and
have been doing some reading although I am not getting anywhere with all the settings on
this radio. Any help would be appericiated.

Thanks,
Dennis

It does not mean it's encrypted. If it's encrypted it will probably say so in the listing, next to each group. However, the listing is only as good as what people send in to this site, so, it doesn't mean that everything is there or that it's entirely accurate. Most of it is, but there is room for error on either end. Keep that in mind. If you have done everything correctly you will hear all "normal" radio traffic from each agency in Onondaga county.

Are you importing the systems properly? As in, do you know how to do it and are you importing the right system/frequencies/channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.