Systeem Performance ?Johnston County Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

jthorpe

Well if there is any provoice, never heard it, the JCSD , Fire, Rescue, EMS, Selma, Smithfield, County Services,, all hear analog in the clear. That has bee my experience. Overall the system performance / design is not great. I'm an Engineer (wireless RF design) and see that the other counties and VIPER in the area perform much better. Even Harnett seems to work better than this one.

I promise you, the system has pro voice. JCSO is using it on their main dispatch channel, so is Clayton and several other departments. It is in fact, hybrid pro voice and analog.

jthorpe

They will be switching to P25. Last I heard they were still trying to decide
between Harris and Motorola. But the system will be P25.
If they go with Motorola they could be one of the few 7.15 systems at the beginning
of 2015...only time will tell. :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

They will still be an island.

jthorpe

sounds like good news... except for the county taxpayers, bad choice for the EDACS in the first system, and decide to upgrade, they should have just signed on to VIPER as it covers the area well, more political I am sure for the reasons. As for ProVoice, I only listed to the JCSD (sheriff) Fire, Rescue, EMS most of the time and they are all clear. When I do open up to search TG's never hear digital, but lots of traffic on Smithfield, Selma police... and not interested in other towns. So Provoice if active, is on local small scale which would be funny for such small towns... who would be interested in shutting out the public for some reason...

You don't hear pro voice because your scanner is designed to ignore it. I promise you that it's used MUCH more than analog on this system.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I promise you, the system has pro voice. JCSO is using it on their main dispatch channel, so is Clayton and several other departments. It is in fact, hybrid pro voice and analog.

Seems someone else in this thread agrees with you :cool:
Good to see you around and doing well.
Heard you recently during an exciting event (and recorded some audio if you want a copy) but I am sure you are already aware of that. :cool:
We need to catch up sometime.
Marshall KE4ZNR

rfeng

Premium Subscriber
JC EDACS

Seems someone else in this thread agrees with you :cool:
Good to see you around and doing well.
Heard you recently during an exciting event (and recorded some audio if you want a copy) but I am sure you are already aware of that. :cool:
We need to catch up sometime.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Agree there is Pro Voice active, but also a lot of analog for fire, ems. and JSO, Selma LE
So my first view was inaccurate, but was based on the initial impression that it was all PV
and found it to be very active in analog mode TGs Thanks to all the added info from local
techs for sharing added details

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Agree there is Pro Voice active, but also a lot of analog for fire, ems. and JSO, Selma LE
So my first view was inaccurate, but was based on the initial impression that it was all PV
and found it to be very active in analog mode TGs Thanks to all the added info from local
techs for sharing added details

No one ever said it was "all Provoice".
All we said was that the majority of the system operates in Provoice mode which is 100% accurate. Yes, you will find analog talkgroups here and there but Provoice still reigns supreme on this system.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.