• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

System 070b

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcr33

Premium Subscriber
While in Iron County the past couple of days I monitored a system id of 070B.

860.5375 if I remember correctly.

Radio reference shows no such system and no such freq. in Utah.

The system was 99% on my Pro96 in Panguitch. Please excuse the spelling if it is incorrect.

Anyone have information on this system? Is it new or one that someone does not want displayed? Is it a new part of an Omni Link for the UCAN?

Junior1970

UCAN system id is 7202 and Salt Lake is using Omni Link to link the SLCPD system up with UCAN on SL Simo. I know some construction companies, such as Geneva Rock, have their own trunking systems. Could be Nextel? But it's highly doubtful is has anything to do with UCAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.