System 2076 NXDN 9600

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Some TGs associated with school bus operations on weekdays: 11,12,15,21,25,32,33,51, don't know specifically who they are.

Some other TGs may or not be related: 20,29,30,37.

Dave
Do the radio ID's help in identifying that they're bus talkgroups etc?

The radio ID's should have the name showing up due to it being NXDN. I know that's how I was able to identify the 2 talkgroups already listed.

Talkgroup 25 is already in the database as a bus user.

Would love to see these added to the database if they are.

DaveH

Do the radio ID's help in identifying that they're bus talkgroups etc?

The radio ID's should have the name showing up due to it being NXDN. I know that's how I was able to identify the 2 talkgroups already listed.

Talkgroup 25 is already in the database as a bus user.

Would love to see these added to the database if they are.

Would be good, but I don't have a whole lot of time to ID specific TGs, especially weekdays. Three of us managed to put together everything else: sites, frequencies, channel numbers, and TG numbers. Too bad we don't have a few more hands on deck; maybe on the Quebec side with better understanding of the french users.

On that note, looks like a good chunk school busses are on Ottawa side at least on main site.

DSD+ shows radio names in some cases but it's usually something like BUS #407 or Base 1 etc.; slightly useful but vague. I'm not tracking RIDs closely.

Interesesting about new CC, I scanned that part of band last tuesday at least a few times but didn't find it; must have come on shortly after. SS is OK but not really strong.

163.830 still has analog repeater, heard some use last night (french). Site 7 could still use it as digital, NXDN 9.6k allows dual-use (e.g. 153.275 on Site 1).

Dave

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Would be good, but I don't have a whole lot of time to ID specific TGs, especially weekdays. Three of us managed to put together everything else: sites, frequencies, channel numbers, and TG numbers. Too bad we don't have a few more hands on deck; maybe on the Quebec side with better understanding of the french users.

On that note, looks like a good chunk school busses are on Ottawa side at least on main site.

DSD+ shows radio names in some cases but it's usually something like BUS #407 or Base 1 etc.; slightly useful but vague. I'm not tracking RIDs closely.

Interesesting about new CC, I scanned that part of band last tuesday at least a few times but didn't find it; must have come on shortly after. SS is OK but not really strong.

163.830 still has analog repeater, heard some use last night (french). Site 7 could still use it as digital, NXDN 9.6k allows dual-use (e.g. 153.275 on Site 1).

Dave
I have 163.830 Pl 110.9 listed as Petawawa Public Works. However I too am hearing the French comms as well. So I'm doubting its Petawawa public works.

DaveH

Still no sign of digital activity on 163.830, but heard a towing service in english. Sounded like a subscribed service,
maybe doing work for CAA? Red and black trucks if it means anything.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.