System HOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Is the SYSTEM HOLD feature only on the XT series? I ran across it by accident on my 996XT and couldn't get out of it for a while till I fiqured out how I got into it. Tried the same thing on my 996T and it didn't work. Kind of a useful feature, wish I had known it was there. Makes me wonder how many other things I don't know about. lol

SCPD

QRT
Yes only on the XT models will do system hold.
You can hold the function button down on the 996T to hold onto a system but any button you press will do its function setting, if you would press scan you would go into search mode.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
People complain about the 996XT having a lousy CD manual.....My BRAND NEW 996XT didn't even have a CD in the box. No paperwork, no manual, no CD...Just the scanner and all the other stuff...ie power cords, DIN kit, mounting hardware. Good thing I was use to a 996T or I would have been LOST

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
People complain about the 996XT having a lousy CD manual.....My BRAND NEW 996XT didn't even have a CD in the box. No paperwork, no manual, no CD...Just the scanner and all the other stuff...ie power cords, DIN kit, mounting hardware. Good thing I was use to a 996T or I would have been LOST

Then I would have brought that to the attention of which ever retail
place you bought the radio. It should have had the CD and a couple of other inserts.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.