System quick keys not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

camr

Premium Subscriber
I have used Butel to set up three systems on the 396XT. Everything is working fine except that I cannot toggle the systems off and on with the quick keys. At the expense of a longer post, I will try to give as much info as possible.
Three systems set up and transferred to the 396XT. Each system assigned a quick key, numbers 1 to 3.
To verify that the QKY's are set properly, when I go to the first system, edit site>set quick key> it shows 1. Second system shows 2, etc.

Screen reads:
"System name"
ID Scan
S0:123------
GRP 12345---- (these change depending upon system)

Each SQK flashes as each respective system scans.

If I press 1 and 2 to toggle systems 1 and 2 off, the screen reads: S0:**3------ as it should, except that it continues to scan all three systems. Even if I press 1, 2 and 3 to toggle off all systems, (S0:***------) it continues to scan all three systems. I would think if I attempt to turn off all systems that I would get an error message.

Because everything else is operating fine, I am sure that I have something set wrong, but for the life of me, I cannot figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as my next course of action will involve beer!!!

Cam

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
My first guess would be that you either have a duplicate system in the scanner that has no SQK assigned to any site, or in the systems you do have programmed you have a site that does not have an SQK assigned.

The first could happen if you don't tell Butel to "Erase First" when writing a new configuration to the scanner.

scanchs

I would think if I attempt to turn off all systems that I would get an error message.

camr,

If all of your sites have an SQK assigned, then turning off all systems should produce a "Nothing to Scan" message on the screen... :)

ScanCHS

camr

Premium Subscriber
OK, you guys are freakin' geniuses. Yes, when sending over the systems to the scanner, apparently I had not checked "delete systems". I had piled up three sets of systems with the same name. The beers that I was being driven to drink are now officially yours!!!!!
Thank you very much to each of you for helping out!!!!!

Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.