Systems, freqs, comms for SPGA Benton Harbor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whacker

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/7.5.32195/34.2152; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Just wondering if anyone has a bead on any radio action on the golf event this week at Harbor Shores, Benton Harbor. I'm in St. Joe now doing searches but no hits. Likely newer digital, but you never know.
Oops, just caught something on MPSCS at TG 5238. Sounds like a parking detail.

Last edited:

jimsokol

Premium Subscriber
5238 is Sleeping Bear Dunes. Even though they are way up north it comes in off some of the county's lakeside towers because Indiana Dunes takes over their dispatch on MPSCS at times.

In 2012 the actual PGA persons were mostly MOTOTRBO. Dunno about this time. Check MPSCS event and SPEV TG's.

Note that Personal electronics such as hand-held games, radios, televisions, iPods, etc. are not allowed on the grounds.

whacker

Thanks, Jim. Didn't have enough time to get way into it, but down in south Berrien I'd never seen that TG pop up. I did also see some special event TGs displayed (in the 1000 series). It figures they'd be using some of the newer non-trunked digital (MOTOTRBO). Didn't get close to being on the grounds.

jimsokol

Premium Subscriber
Some may also only affiliate with the Saint Joe or Coloma tower, which you may or may not receive very well in south county.

Status
Not open for further replies.