systems used in area? scrambled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc7411

These are the systems used in my county will I be able to get statewide law enforcement on a digital scanner and how do I know if the single is scrambled or not ? Thanks Brian

Type City
COM-SAV LTR Standard New Port Richey

Pasco County EDACS Standard Pasco County

Progress Energy (Florida Power) Motorola Type II SmartZone Various

Southern Company LINC 800 MHz (Florida) iDEN Standard Various

Sprint Florida Motorola Type II SmartZone Various

Statewide Law Enforcement Radio System EDACS Networked Standard w/ESK Statewide

SCPD

QRT
what do you mean by scrambled?. you will be able to pick up all except Southern linc & perhaps the 2 EDACS systems if they are Pro voice digital, ESK EDACS I am not sure about

jb872033

simple...program and listen...if you can hear all the traffic and your scanner can trunk track them they arent scrambled (encrypted)...listen for a while though...scrambling is not to be confused with data burst that you will reguarly hear on some types of trunked systems...

JB

Taloniilm

All Florida state agencies are encripted, you can't monitor them. There is a good "sticky" in the Florida forum that specifically addresses SLERS,(State Law Enforcement Radio system), FL statutes regarding scanner use in motor vehicles and much more ... take a look.

n2mdk

Forget about the iDEN system. All the other systems can be listened to will less expensive trunking scanners. the Statewide system since it's EDACS ESK can only be monitored with the new GRE digital radios the PSR-500/600. It does use ProvVoice so if any TGIDs using it can't be monitored. Nothing there shows as encrypted.

n2mdk

Taloniilm said:
All Florida state agencies are encripted, you can't monitor them. There is a good "sticky" in the Florida forum that specifically addresses SLERS,(State Law Enforcement Radio system), FL statutes regarding scanner use in motor vehicles and much more ... take a look.

Are they encrypted or was it a case of no scanner being able to receive the ESK. Since the new GRE's can does that sticky still stand. If they all use ProVoice then it still remains unscannable.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
n2mdk said:
Are they encrypted or was it a case of no scanner being able to receive the ESK. Since the new GRE's can does that sticky still stand. If they all use ProVoice then it still remains unscannable.

State of Fla system is completely unscannable due to encryption on all talkgroups.

N8IAA

doc7411 said:
These are the systems used in my county will I be able to get statewide law enforcement on a digital scanner and how do I know if the single is scrambled or not ? Thanks Brian

Type City
COM-SAV LTR Standard New Port Richey

Yes

Pasco County EDACS Standard Pasco County

Yes

Progress Energy (Florida Power) Motorola Type II SmartZone Various

Yes

Southern Company LINC 800 MHz (Florida) iDEN Standard Various

No

Sprint Florida Motorola Type II SmartZone Various

No

Statewide Law Enforcement Radio System EDACS Networked Standard w/ESK Statewide

No
There are conventional frequencies that you can monitor also.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.