T-6 plane from JBSA-Randolph has crashed near Rolling Oaks Mall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbsarandolphmonitor

Air band monitoring JBSA-Randolph
An Air Force T-6 plane from JBSA-Randolph has crashed near Rolling Oaks Mall.
reports indicate two individuals involved in the incident were able to eject themselves from the plane.

Don

kjung1974

Apparently the two pilots that ejected suffered only minor injuries. Crews are currently searching for debris.

Michael-SATX

USAF RAFB T-6 Texan II crash after engine stall !!!

I was monitoring the Media1=Sky5/Sky12 News Helicopter on 450.6125 PL=151.4 that was on scene
they said the planes ejection seats were found in close proximity to the parachutes and they were still
looking for the canopy. Also, on Air 2 Air Helo Pilot Chat (Victor) 123.025 AM I heard a report that there
was an in-flight emergency when the engine stalled and they realized they were not going to make it back
to Randolph Field and decided to go down over the Circle Dot Ranch over near the Rolling Oaks Mall.
The news helo also reports that it looks like the plane missed the power lines and it hit the ground with
the landing gear down they think by the marks in the dirt. They also reported the fuselage broke apart
between the front pilots section and the wings that were both reported to be intact. The quick thinking pilots
avoided a high school and the Holly Cross Cemetery and ejected very low at only 100 ft. altitude.
The planes final descending flight path went right over a roadway and shocked a few passing motorists.
The T-6A Texan II was indefinitely grounded earlier this year due to concerns about hypoxia conditions
and "unexplained physiological events, however use of that plane model was later reinstated.​

Here is a link to the story as well as a slideshow of the T-6 crash site taken from Sky12 News Helo
https://www.ksat.com/news/air-force-trainer-plane-crashes-near-rolling-oaks-mall

Attachments

• USAF RAFB T-6 Texan II crash near Rolling Oaks Mall.jpg
    USAF RAFB T-6 Texan II crash near Rolling Oaks Mall.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 232

jbsarandolphmonitor

Air band monitoring JBSA-Randolph
I just saw this on the 12th FTW site.
The 12th FTW commander has suspended T-6A Texan II flying training at JBSA-Randolph and will evaluate its resumption over the coming days.

Don

NC5267

Don any new talkgroups pop up during the incident? I was on the city system monitoring when it all went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.