t and xt software

Status
Not open for further replies.

atane

I have a 996T and a 996XT uniden. My question is I paid to have my XT programmed with all the simcoe OPP freqs. I also bought the arc XT pro software. I did a read of the programming and saved it . HOWEVER the program itself isnt compatable with the 996T scanner. When i open the ARC 996 software its completely diffrent and it doesnt allow to enter freqs . It askes for trunk ID when in Motorola Type2/25 for the system type. I have no clue what a Trunk ID is or how to enter it. IS that in fact the System Type mode i need to be in for the OPP ?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
http://scannow.org

Freescan. It will read from your 996t and write to your 996XT (and vice versa). Just download and use Freescan to share files between the 2 radios.
Trying to do anything else is just causing yourself more grief than you need to deal with.
Marshall KE4ZNR

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
You may need to download ARC996 (free version) then save a file from your 996.. and IMPORT that into the ARCXT. you cant download directly.

I also suggest freescan, although you have already paid for the ARCXT.

Note in freescan even when you upload from your 996 you may need to hit "AUTO UPPER" in freescan under every Fleetnet System / Control Channel / bandplan setting before downloading to the XT, as the XT needs another setting in the bandplan that WONT be uploaded from the 996 since it didnt have this setting.

It sounds a bit confusing, not sure how else to explain it.

atane

Where do i locate this AUTO UPPER? feature . whats happening is i read the996 xt and want to import it to the996 T I saved the file and open it to load in the 996t. it loads fine BUT none of the DIGITAL Banks show up Only the analog (repeter) banks ...

atane

this is really messed I cannot assign a q key to any of the groups .. Any advise would be awsomme.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
this is really messed I cannot assign a q key to any of the groups .. Any advise would be awsomme.

On the groups screen, use the pulldown to select which QK you wish to assign, or use the 'Find Free' function button on the right. Then on the system screen, make sure that quick key has a check next to it. That will insure that the QK is both allocated and enabled.

A tip: if you have specific FreeScan questions, start a new thread with Freescan in the title. Assaf (the author) is here frequently and will see it much easier that way

73 Mike

atane

HUMM it seems that Anything digital it wont allow a Q key to be asigned. When i use the drop box it reverts back to Q key by site status

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You said "I cannot assign a q key to any of the groups" then you said "When i use the drop box it reverts back to Q key by site status" so now I'm confused. Are you trying to assing Group Quick Keys (to channel groups) or System/Site/Search Quick Keys?

If the former, I've no idea.

If the latter, for multi-site structured trunked systems (P25, Motorola, EDACS), SQKs are assigned at the site level, not the system level.

cpuerror

HUMM it seems that Anything digital it wont allow a Q key to be asigned. When i use the drop box it reverts back to Q key by site status

Let me try and explain this. You can't assign a trunked system a QK, it can only be assigned to sites like Upman says. However, while you can't assign a system a QK, you can "assign" it a QK. So if you set it to 5 for example, all the sites and essentially the system will be turned on/off by QK 5, essentially the same as assigning a system a QK. However, since the QK is assigned to sites and only "assigned" to systems, when you click away and click back it gets reset. Regardless, the actual setting is still retained in the individual sites and functionally it's the same. Hope that clears everything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.