T-Mast hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I just finished building a new home in San Antonio and I'm looking for a source of antenna mast hardware that is appropriate for an eave installation for two scanner antennas.

I believe I've found some decent hardware that will support a single mast installed on the eave, however I'm looking for a source of "T" mast hardware that will allow me to install two antennas on a single mast, like below

Code:
Antenna			Antenna
   |			   |
   |			   |
   ————————————————————————-    < Need some suggestions on this installation
		|
		|
		| <-- Single Mast
		|
           +_ _ _ _ _+ <-- Eave attachment
		|
		|
		|
+_ _ _ __ _ _ __ _ _ __ _ _ _ + <-- Eave attachment
		|

Thoughts? Anyone know of a vendor that provides this type of T Mast type hardware?

Also, just for reference, I'm planning on installing a DPD OmniX antenna and UHF airband antenna (not sure of vendor yet)

Last edited:

12dbsinad

I personally would build something using cross over clamps such as these....

Talley Inc. | Online Store - Search Results

I would use aluminum pipe also with stainless and/or galv hardware. The omni is a pretty lightweight at about 2 lbs, and as long as your horizontal pipe isn't real long the T should be fairly rugged.

prcguy

I occasionally use 1" steel water pipe and the thick wall aluminum equivalent with Nu-Rail or Speed Rail fittings. These come in T, right angle and many other shapes. Here is a link to the T fitting and right angle that will make exactly what you describe. Some versions have two allen set screws per pipe which is great.

I prefer to use the aluminum equivalent of 1" steel water pipe which is about 1.3" OD and about .125" wall thickness, which is very strong but lightweight. this setup is plenty strong for an 8 to 10ft wide cross arm with moderate size antennas up to maybe 10ft tall.

#30A-5 Modified Cross - 3/4in - Nurail.com
#3-7 90 Degree Elbow - 1-1/4in - Nurail.com

And since its Lindsay asking, I have one of these that would fill your UHF airband needs if you want to discuss:
http://www.rami.com/product-view.php?pid=13

prcguy

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Many thanks everyone for the feedback and pointers - this is exactly what I needed.

pcrguy: I'll give some thought to the UHF discone - I'm leaning towards a dedicated 700/800 MHz antenna along with the OmniX.... I've got two runs of LMR-400 coax run to the eave on the house, but I've got 3 runs of LMR-400 to the back of the yard where I have a nice greenbelt to put up antennas... we'll have to see....

Thanks!

MNN198

Premium Subscriber
A small flat aluminum plate ate the top of the mast secured and 2 NMO or your choice mounts on the plate.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.