SDS100/SDS200: T meaning with department and system

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazza0768

When my SDS100 is scanning and I want to hold on a system or a department I will press one of 2 buttons. When I press those buttons a T comes up in the top left hand corner similar to the function F that shows up....what does this mean and why is it whenever u press dept or system there is a pause for it? Is the pause for the scroll function only?

Reconrider

Pretty sure T means trunk.
Also what buttons are you pressing to hold a department or system?(I’m new to my 100)

dazza0768

Yes. It only shows that you have the scroll temporarely active for the system or dept as long as it is lit. When the T goes out you are back to normal default channel scroll.

/Ubbe
That's the magic word I am after!! Thank you Uniden King we call Ubbe!

Do you know why if I press dept or system then start scrolling immediately to something then wait, why it immediately cancels the hold then continues scanning.
I have to press sys or dept, wait for it to beeps which says its held then press sys or dept again then scroll to where I want for it to hold....?

Ubbe

It's designed that way. Probably somebody wanted a function to scroll thru systems or depeartments until a conversation where heard and then wanted it to automaticly continue scan when that conversation ended.

I always wait for the hold and then push the button again and scroll so it will stick to the system or dept that I have selected. Seems a more logical function to me and should be the default. If anybody wanted something different they could have pushed the button again when they had reached their system or dept and it would scan automaticly. The direct hold function of the channel button should really have been used for the other two buttons. But who knows what the software designer where thinking.

/Ubbe

dazza0768

Another small quirk of it. It's the nature of the beast lol full of weird and wonderful little things.
Thanks for the input mate.

Hoping a new firmware will be out soon, I want the OFT slowing analogue down fixed.

Ubbe

Hoping a new firmware will be out soon, I want the OFT slowing analogue down fixed.
You mentioned a month ago that you where going to contact Uniden NZ. Did you get any answers? The bug where only evident in the PT, UA and E versions and not in the USA firmware?

/Ubbe

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
No. Actual scan speen is not affected, you're seeing aliasing causen by the scaner cycling through stuff faster than the screen refresh rate.

dazza0768

No. Actual scan speen is not affected, you're seeing aliasing causen by the scaner cycling through stuff faster than the screen refresh rate.
Look mate I have been through this with many people in other threads. Do you have a USDS100? An australia/New Zealand model?
I can assure you that there is a major known bug, I did state above that Uniden even said that this issue will be fixed in the next update.
So before you go around trying to br know it all Charlie you better get your facts straight.
No it is not aliasing, when an OFT system is on it slows down all analogue conventional systems to less that 1/4 speed, it slows the custom search and quick search down the same. Please find my other thread about this as there is a clear video showing this....

I'm sorry but I've had enough of people trying to tell me otherwise when they do not even know, and they are not even with me to see it, and they do not have an AU model.

You are making an ass out of you and me by assuming.

Ubbe

I checked a SDS100E with firmware 1.10.06 and sub 1.02.01 and there's no slow scanning or search with that firmware and having lots of OFT systems in scan. It's a constant 45ch/s rate in both scan and search. There's a time penalty of 200mS when going to or from low-vhf 25MHz-87MHz from other bands and just some 10-20mS added when jumping between other frequency bands.

So hopefully the E firmware fix can make it into other regions firmware in a not too distant future.

/Ubbe

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Look mate I have been through this with many people in other threads. Do you have a USDS100? An australia/New Zealand model?
I can assure you that there is a major known bug, I did state above that Uniden even said that this issue will be fixed in the next update.
So before you go around trying to br know it all Charlie you better get your facts straight.
No it is not aliasing, when an OFT system is on it slows down all analogue conventional systems to less that 1/4 speed, it slows the custom search and quick search down the same. Please find my other thread about this as there is a clear video showing this....

I'm sorry but I've had enough of people trying to tell me otherwise when they do not even know, and they are not even with me to see it, and they do not have an AU model.

You are making an ass out of you and me by assuming.

Mr Dazza - chill a bit......
Jon isn't a "rookie" either. He actually knows quite a bit about these radios - much more than most. I'm not saying he is correct in this instance, but your tone is off-putting and kinda abrasive. We are all here to help one another - keep that in mind please.

Just my opinion - no dog in this fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.