Tabc

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I was wondering that also. That being said, the output NAC is different (and I bet the input NAC is also 136), so technically, it is possible, but bad coordination on someone's part.

Has anyone looked into the FCC licenses for this?

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I had what I consider a reliable submission that 'somebody' is using NAC 136 on a DPS channel. After some consideration, I posted it as TABC since it was in that area. The tower (I picked) actually hosts quite a few transmitters including a DPS. The submitter said it was northern Tarrant and possibly Denton County.

The problem I have is that DPS has plenty of channels on 159.21 and doesn't need another NAC on that channel. We also have other reports of non-Highway Patrol state law enforcement units using 159.21 with a different NACs and some even using DPS NACs but using TG = 2 rather than 1.

I'm open to ideas but listed it under TABC as the NAC best matched their old PL. If we could get more ears on the freq and let me know what's actually going on there then we can nail down who's really using it.

At least y'all are awake and paying attention :)

Thanks,
Russell

Last edited:

simplec6

Anyone ever hear TABC in the Dallas area? I've never heard them for about a year now for some reason?

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I remember hearing the Arlington office in the past week. I believe it was on 156.06.

Anyone ever hear TABC in the Dallas area? I've never heard them for about a year now for some reason?

SCPD

QRT
I too did a doubletake on that as well. But stranger has happened like Boulder and myself hearing UPRR Police on DPS Sulphur Springs talking to Dallas. But it is entirely possible the way P25 works to put another agency on the same frequency but with a NAC not in use locally. TABC have DPS radios, So do Game Wardens. In Fact I recently got to work on a Game Wardens radio XTL-5000. Can't go into details but their channels are pretty close to DPS channels which are quite a bit different than whats in the database.

VictorXray

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
their channels are pretty close to DPS channels which are quite a bit different than whats in the database.

And you are submitting the corrections to the database, right? Otherwise, I don't see a need for public comments like that. The database is only as accurate as the submissions received.

BillyFred

Good point!

UPRR RR Police in N Tx area have APX radios (both HH and mobile) with all DPS channels. You're likely to hear them frequently. Soon they'll have computers in the vehicles linked to DPS as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.