Tabletop Shack Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewpu04

Premium Subscriber
Glad to have had the time recently to reprogram these scanners and add a 996P2 to the lineup. I can just about monitor everything available in my area. I was pretty stoked to get ProScan working with these using a Mac Mini running VMWare/Windows 10.

Attachments

• Shack1.jpg
    Shack1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 492
  • Shack2.jpg
    Shack2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 479

mikewpu04

Premium Subscriber
Well, a bit of an upgrade. Added the rackmount and a BCT15X for fast scanning of all of the active analog frequencies in the area. The BCD996XT can listen to the Phase 1 systems in the area and the BCD996P2 can listen to the P2 systems.

What should go in the top slot??

Attachments

• IMG_2621.jpg
    IMG_2621.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 129

mikewpu04

Premium Subscriber
My tabletop setup is officially complete. After months of indecision, I decided to spend the remainder of my stimulus check on an SDS200 with a DMR upgrade. I have officially used my entire stimulus check at ScannerMaster.

I wasn't having any decode issues with the BCD996P2, but I figured it would be best to learn the SDS200. With this setup, I shouldn't have to buy another radio for a long time.

Here's my configuration:

SDS200: Monitors NJICS, USAF-Joint Base McGuire, First Energy, NJNG, New Jersey Turnpike, and various township trunking systems (DMR and P2). Going to setup a custom system with DMR single-active freqs that ignores analog freqs.

BCT15X: Monitors all active analog channels. I weeded out all of the non-active RRDB listed channels in my area and this scanner zips through the available 60ish analog channels in a few seconds.

BCD996XT: Monitors the NJ State Police full time.

BCD996P2: Monitors the Ocean County 500 and 700Mhz systems full time. Can also back up the NJICS if needed.

IMG_2713.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.