Tac Channel ? O'Fallon, MO I'M puzzled

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlouisx50

I was listening to a possible break in at the apartment club house that is less that 100 feet behind me and heard the officers say switch to the tac channel. I had sweeper mode on sweeping all common frequencies of Low vhf, high vhf, uhf, 700 , 800 and 900 and heard nothing. I even had Ofallons digital system set to wild-card. Nothing.

Were they bluffing? Using Nextel's ? Or some system we do not know of?

shaft

I heard that, I thought it was a deputy on the county system that was switching to a TAC channel. I was driving so I didnt look to see who it was, but it sounded like the county system.

KM5LZ

OFallon PD

I have not found the TAC channel for sure but have heard them on what they are calling a backup channel and also heard training ops with there Explorer post all of this is on the OLD 800 freqs. They still use them a lot. If they have a TAC freq. I have not found it yet.

Last time I heard them was on 854.6625 Monday.

stlouisx50

Thanks guys for your reply. Its great to see so many people that are listening to the same thing I do. I had it sweeping everything and got nothing. I figured id get the direct output of their radios , but got nothing.

I recently got a new Pro106 and had the bare minimum in it and figured O'Fallon was no longer using their old frequencies, however when I scoured the forums last night I discovered you all saying they still use them so I put them back in. I will take a listen and let you all know.

sleible

Thats pretty cool you heard us practicing our traffic stops. How did we do?

sleible

yeah that is true technically we are suppose to use echo, for that reason but I say edward out of habit, but your correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.