tac channels on feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Hi & welcome to the RR forums:
There are over 7,000 feeds online as of this posting and I'm certain it is impossible to police them all. Though you have to tick a number of check boxes upon applying for a feed not everybody abides by every term and condition...

So basically if you hear something, say something...

wtp

in my county, when something big happens that i think should be on a tac channel...
they leave it on the dispatch channel and have other units move to a secondary dispatch channel.
so the "phone" people are treated to all the happenings.
it also leads to a constant "unit XXX back from lunch" in the middle of it and then is told to move to dispatch X
which leads to tying up the channel with unnecessary talking than ever.
and there is no "channel in use" tone !

so could that be what has happened ?

desertscan

in my county, when something big happens that i think should be on a tac channel...
they leave it on the dispatch channel and have other units move to a secondary dispatch channel.
so the "phone" people are treated to all the happenings.
it also leads to a constant "unit XXX back from lunch" in the middle of it and then is told to move to dispatch X
which leads to tying up the channel with unnecessary talking than ever.
and there is no "channel in use" tone !

so could that be what has happened ?

negative. local incident dispatch advised all units working this incident to move to tac 2 this feed provider has all tacs programmed not the first time he feeds tac channels to his feed

Reactions: wtp

desertscan

Did you alert Broadcastify with the feed, date and time of the occurance?

how, where ? looked for email phone number or anything to report only thing is report problem. that goes to feed provider. where on broadcastify is the report button, email or phone number

ChrisABQ

VERIFY that it is indeed a TAC channel. If alpha tags say TAC, report it. If a department uses a main dispatch channel for TAC, it is not the feed providers responsibility.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
I think this whole issue has been blown out of proportion - are they tac or interop. All of the channels listed in my county as tac are really interop - used by multiple agencies

Two of the three feeds in my county have dropped off due to this issue, not that I really listen anyway but this issue of tac channels really needs to be addressed

My two cents worth

Status
Not open for further replies.