TAC channels Shelby county

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, If anyone has any information on alternate channels for Shelby county or central Alabama I would love for that information to be posted here, a alabaster dispatcher said they have alternate/event (festivals) and tac channels but I don't know how to get the talk group or listen besides using close call which still shouldnt show talk group, Thank you for any help or info

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Hello, If anyone has any information on alternate channels for Shelby county or central Alabama I would love for that information to be posted here, a alabaster dispatcher said they have alternate/event (festivals) and tac channels but I don't know how to get the talk group or listen besides using close call which still shouldnt show talk group, Thank you for any help or info
Assuming you're using the 436HP you mentioned in your signature, Enabling ID Search (Function + E/yes) allows monitoring of traffic on unknown talkgroups. Remember to submit your findings to the database once you've confirmed them

medic9351301

Banned
keep in mind alot of agencies may have encrypted tac/ event channels . i can confirm the shelby co sheriffs office does.
also as a rule of thumb but not allways talk groups are spaced 2 apart meaning just add 2 to the primary dispatch channels for tac/ events .
some have like 3 or 4 channels in addition to the dispatch channels . i can confirm that the info for shelby county and jefferson county is 100 percent correct . here is a example of the 2 spaced talk groups . 3073 birmingham fire dispatch, 3075 response ,

morganAL

A lot of that is carryover from the old SmartNet systems. As the systems were converted, the P-25 and Smartnet were tied together with a special Motorola controller and those TGs were "imported" to the P-25 system. That saved a lot of admin work by not having to re-enter a lot of info. Due to a technical limitation, the Smartnet TGs were spaced that way (I'm not a SN guy, I have no idea why) but in P-25 systems, that limitation no longer exists.

In Morgan Co the Fire TACs are all consecutive:
32001 - Tac 1
32002 - Tac 2
32003 - Tac 3
32004 - Tac 4
etc...

keep in mind alot of agencies may have encrypted tac/ event channels . i can confirm the shelby co sheriffs office does.
also as a rule of thumb but not allways talk groups are spaced 2 apart meaning just add 2 to the primary dispatch channels for tac/ events .
some have like 3 or 4 channels in addition to the dispatch channels . i can confirm that the info for shelby county and jefferson county is 100 percent correct . here is a example of the 2 spaced talk groups . 3073 birmingham fire dispatch, 3075 response ,

Hello, hopefully someone will see this as a new response, How did we get all the talkgroups? I cannot imagine we just sat their and heard them say a city or street and know its them... unless that is what we did, would it be possible to do a FOIA request for a list? just a thought

medic9351301

Banned
explain yourself please . we dont understand what you mean sir?
If you mean how did we get the tg ids . just a lot of time was spent searching the system and comparing notes. most people have mutiple scanners in id search mode . with one scanning ids. writing down unit ids and adresss . I have been donig it so long i can be working on something and hear a certain voice and tell you where it belongs . the department deterimes how many tg they need . some could go through the sytem and or some could be simplex radio to radio not to tie up the system.
most fire dispatchers tell them where to go like in shelby co its like f tac 7 . for birmingham its switch to tac 1 tac 2 or tac 3 .
like i said in the post most of shelby county law enforcement tac chanels are encrypt.
also when new tg are found most are posted here or in the data base,
if you look at the database it willl tell you all you need to know. if its not posted it means it can not be heard.

just add one or 2 to the dispatch channel for tac channels .example 2813 alabaster pd dispatch so it should be 2815 alabaster tac 1 2817 alabaster tac 2 etc .

Last edited:
Yes sure
explain yourself please . we dont understand what you mean sir?
If you mean how did we get the tg ids . just a lot of time was spent searching the system and comparing notes. most people have mutiple scanners in id search mode . with one scanning ids. writing down unit ids and adresss . I have been donig it so long i can be working on something and hear a certain voice and tell you where it belongs . the department deterimes how many tg they need . some could go through the sytem and or some could be simplex radio to radio not to tie up the system.
most fire dispatchers tell them where to go like in shelby co its like f tac 7 . for birmingham its switch to tac 1 tac 2 or tac 3 .
like i said in the post most of shelby county law enforcement tac chanels are encrypt.
also when new tg are found most are posted here or in the data base,
if you look at the database it willl tell you all you need to know. if its not posted it means it can not be heard.

just add one or 2 to the dispatch channel for tac channels .example 2813 alabaster pd dispatch so it should be 2815 alabaster tac 1 2817 alabaster tac 2 etc .
yes sir, that’s what I was wondering, didn’t know how everyone got the info, thanks for the information, now I know

tvengr

Well Known Member
These could possibly be used for Shelby County events:

Shelby County Interop Talkgroups
NextLevel.gif

DECHEXMode Alpha TagDescriptionTag
2939b7bDShelby Co Fire 1County Fire Ops 1Fire-Tac
2941b7dDShelby Co Fire 2County Fire Ops 2Fire-Tac
2943b7fDShelby Co Fire 3County Fire Ops 3Fire-Tac
2945b81DShelby Co Fire 4County Fire Ops 4Fire-Tac
2947b83DShelby Co Law 1Countywide Law Enforcement Tac 1Law Tac
2949b85DShelby Co Law 2Countywide Law Enforcement Tac 2Law Tac
2951b87DEShelby Co Law 3Countywide Law Enforcement Tac 3Law Tac
2931b73DShelby Co-Wide 1Countywide Ops 1Interop
2933b75DShelby Co-Wide 2Countywide Ops 2Interop
2935b77DShelby Co-Wide 3Countywide Ops 3Interop
2937b79DEShelby Co-Wide 4Countywide Ops 4Interop

Last edited:

medic9351301

Banned
the only 2 event channels that the sheriff's office use are the 2 encrypted ones per my sources.
also each city has 2 or 3 tac channels they used and based of usage and trends they seem to be encrp as well .

Status
Not open for further replies.