TACN BCD536 system and TG info load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Greetings

When i import TACN from RR to the Uniden BCD536, does al system info and talk group info/freqs load as well?

Thanks
Doug

xlr8

Premium Subscriber
Greetings

When i import TACN from RR to the Uniden BCD536, does al system info and talk group info/freqs load as well?

Thanks
Doug

Yes, it does. See the following videos that may help you in your programming:

https://youtu.be/LqzJCwrGBf8
and
https://youtu.be/ECOUceSdVCo
and
https://youtu.be/M7kDXd110Ks

The best way is to create a Favorites List for the TACN Departments, Counties, and Municipalities and "Append" or add the Systems and Departments that you want to scan into the new Favorites List. Sentinel will add the entire Department and you can then go into the Favorites List and remove the talk groups that you do not want to monitor. Just make sure that you turn the Favorites List on in Sentinel before writing to the scanner as noted in this video:

https://youtu.be/lxVofabQiKk

73's

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
Once you get it programmed to your satisfaction, go back and delete all of the frequencies except the control channels and alternate control channels. With the BCD436HP, I found that this step greatly reduced the number of missed calls while monitoring TACN. I don't know the reason, but I assume the scanner wasting a lot of time looking for a control signal on each programmed frequency.

xlr8

Premium Subscriber
TACN Tip

Once you get it programmed to your satisfaction, go back and delete all of the frequencies except the control channels and alternate control channels. With the BCD436HP, I found that this step greatly reduced the number of missed calls while monitoring TACN. I don't know the reason, but I assume the scanner wasting a lot of time looking for a control signal on each programmed frequency.

Thanks for the TACN programming tip, I tried it on my 436 and it did seem to speed up scanning on this system. Nice to know!

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Great idea.
Is the a way that we can easily identify to Co trol/Alt freqs? Such as the color in RR.

Thanks for helping the new folks

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.
I understand red and blue but am wondering if true is anything in Sentinel that designates?
Or, should I do a R4 download to a spreadsheet and manually delete?

Thanks
Doug

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
Not aware of any designation in Sentinel. I bring up the RR database in a split screen, and then delete the channels I don't need. I suggest programming all of the active control channels for your chosen sites as conventional channels into a separate favorites list. This will allow you to "walk through" your control channels every day or two. If any are missing, it tells you there has been a change of control channel for the site. The separate favorites list also allows you to determine which sites are providing the strongest signal at your location. Using quick keys, you can "lock out" the sites you don't need, allowing even faster scanning. I've read that the BCD436HP and BCD536HP do not automatically select the strongest site. Some of the reviews indicate that the Whistler TRX-1 does select the strongest site, but there are complex settings that you have to tinker with. I've been trying for nearly a month to get my TRX-1 to select the best signal from the Oswald Dome, North Bradley, and Chattanooga Simulcast sites, and I'm not yet satisfied with my programming. Still working on this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.