TACN / Hamilton County

WA9ERT

Premium Subscriber
Seeking help to receive anything on TACN. I was receiving all of Hamilton County public safety traffic until recently (month or two), now nothing. I assumed that they had moved everything to the TACN, so I reprogrammed my BCD996P2 with all of the new data imported from RadioRef. Still nothing, updated the scanner firmware to 1.08.01. Still nothing. Scanner works fine on all other frequencies. I have listened to the control channel, 855.2125, on my SDRPlay to verify that it is the control channel and that is what I have set in Site Setup/Trunk Frequencies. Has the entire TACN system gone to full encrypted? According to the RadioRef data the mode on Hamilton County is 'D'. I'm at a loss. Any help will certainly be appreciated. Thanks

WA9ERT

Premium Subscriber
Well folks as it turns out this was an exercise in remembering things. The 'P25 Threshold' setting is critical to good decoding. I haven't had to change the setting in a very long time and had forgotten about it. Reprogramming with all new data reset 'APCO Mode' to Auto. Changed it to 'Manual' and tweaked Threshold. Works much better now. Never mind. Thanks