TACN System Memphis Area - PSR-800

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyams

I'm in Memphis with my PSR-800 trying to program it to pick up the Bartlett site control channel on the P25 Phase II TACN. Two questions:

1. Is anyone picking up any audible transmissions on this system yet? The notes on RR say that it is in use.
2. If you have a PSR-800, how did you configure for P25 Phase II? I'm using the EZScan software and trying to import the system from RR, but I cannot navigate to a TACN system in the import routine in the software. I just cannot seem to find the TACN listing in the library, although I can navigate to it on the RR website. Any ideas?

Thanks.

EDIT: OK, I finally located the TACN system in the library. I'm at home, but I swear that at my office it wasn't there. Oh well.
RR database: Tennessee > Systems > TACN. Still wondering if anyone is picking up anything on this system in Memphis?

Last edited:

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
2. If you have a PSR-800, how did you configure for P25 Phase II? I'm using the EZScan software and trying to import the system from RR, but I cannot navigate to a TACN system in the import routine in the software. I just cannot seem to find the TACN listing in the library, although I can navigate to it on the RR website. Any ideas?

EDIT: OK, I finally located the TACN system in the library. I'm at home, but I swear that at my office it wasn't there. Oh well.
RR database: Tennessee > Systems > TACN. Still wondering if anyone is picking up anything on this system in Memphis?

Well, there is no specific configuration to set up the 800 for Phase II. All you do is download the tower site info into the program, then transfer to the scanner. And the only thing identified as being on the TACN in Memphis area is THP and possibly TDOC and TEMA. And I've not heard that they are actually using it completely yet. I'm in Knoxville area so I can't help with the monitoring, but thought I would mention about the PII configuration. The scanner will automatically (if you have latest firmware) pick up the PII TGID and it will show a "D2" where it shows a "DG" on the top of the screen on the right. No extra configuration needed.

jyams

Had Department of Corrections TGs and got alot of traffic from the Mark Luttrell Prison center here in Shelby County. Decided to block those and see what else was out there. After 3 hours only transmission was from Nashville to Memphis regarding highway patrol business. My scanner did not show "D2". Thinking it was a "DG" regular p25.

ka4bni

Feed Provider
The active sites in West TN have not been configured for Phase II yet. Will probably be toward the end of the year or early next year before that happens.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Thanks David! Downloading to PSR800 now. Will test rest of day and post results.

You're welcome. The only PII TGID's I've ever heard were the "Dispatch 2" ones in Chatt. & Knox. And they're encrypted. But it looks like the site in W. TN haven't been set up for PII yet, according to the info above, so you probably won't see any "D2" TGID's until they are, or unless you get over to E. TN.

Status
Not open for further replies.