Tacoma Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

skipvaughn

What is the "Site Type" for the Motorola Type II. I got stuck on the second ? setting it up. It looks for Mhz, vhf, uhf or P25? Any idea which?

kc1028

On my scanners it shows as NFM. They a while back changes things, and you only can hear the North and south dispatch. They also have P-25 encrypted channels. I don&#8217;t know if you can hear any of the digital talk groups or not. Several people have said no, but the Police themselves seem to think you can. I have not felt like spending $500.00 for a digital scanner to put it to the test <G>.
The channels on this site for Tacoma are right, and so are the North and South Talk groups. The rest of the info is out of date.

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
If you find data that is out of date, and can correct it, use the submission function. There are several database admins that will be happy to get the correct information posted.

kc1028

Don’t know much about how this works but if someone wants to update it, this is what I know. The North and south dispatch for Police is right. There is no North and south Tactical any more. 52240 is now Tac 5 52272 is now Tac 6. Apparently records and Tac 1,2, 3, and 4 are all now P-25. I know Tac 3 and 4 are encrypted. Tac 1 and 2 some people claim are encrypted, but the police still seem to think they can still be heard. I have not felt like buying a $500.00 scanner to test it. I don’t know if records is encrypted or not as I never hear them talk on it any more so no way to tell if the officers think it is or not.

Tac 5 and 6

for the old tac 1 and 2 now being tac 5 and 6 you should conferm it for sure and then update the Tacoma talkgroups with tac 5 and 6.

kc1028

Anyone who lives here and listens can confirm it by listening to them. They use it very seldom now. Only some radios do not have the P-25 ability. Some of the DOC and Road compliance radios do not yet have P-25 so they use Tac 5 and 6 which when they come up are the talk groups I gave there. I guess anyone programming with the old info here will find out soon enough as they will hear nothing on the old talk groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.