• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TAE6062B 5 Db UHF mobile

merlin

I thought I had another and found it. Forgot this was a complete kit but age has taken its toll.
The guide is yellowed, cracked and faded. If only I could find a replacement.
Sadly, they went discontinued long before their time. They will still outperform any UHF mobile antenna today.
Cheers

RFI-EMI-GUY

Someone was selling one on eBay, new, but missing the top radiator rod. If they still are, you might make a lowball offer and advise them that without the rod it is useless.

merlin

Yea, I spotted that. I have 2 of these, one, a complete kit.
What I need is a better document for the kit. Either hard copy or PDF.
Hard to find something 44 years old.
TNX

N5TWB

I thought I had another and found it. Forgot this was a complete kit but age has taken its toll.
The guide is yellowed, cracked and faded. If only I could find a replacement.
Sadly, they went discontinued long before their time. They will still outperform any UHF mobile antenna today.
Cheers
Think I may have what you’re looking for in my garage collection of radio stuff. Going to the area hamfest tomorrow so I can’t check until Saturday afternoon.

merlin

Nice. give me a price if you are willing to part with it.
Enjoy the ham fest.

N5TWB

Nice. give me a price if you are willing to part with it.
Enjoy the ham fest.
Here’s a couple of pictures to confirm this is the item as I couldn’t find any identifying marks. The closest photo shows a small flaw in the base. 77B65871-7615-4789-88FF-8622111F698B.jpeg25A2D3C2-8E98-42E2-AB15-A0476C404D0A.jpeg

merlin

I have the antenna, complete old stock. It is the guide that is so old it is disintegrating.
Haven't found a PDF to replace it.
Yep, that is the TAE6062B.

N5TWB

I just read back through the thread & I’m uncertain whether you want/need the antenna or just the document packet. I have only the antenna & never have had any documentation. If the antenna only is acceptable, I’m sure we can do business.

merlin

To answer "NEED" re: the antenna, NO. Originally I have one that is missing the black base.
The part that screws to the NMO mount. Looking for a very cheap, even busted replacement.
As long as the base is complete with the tuning button.
I thought I had a couple buried in storage. The one I did find is OEM complete. forgot I had that.
Contents include the antenna, an un-cut stinger (whip), the hex tool, a packet of DOW#4,
18 foot RG58 on NMO with PL259 connector, and the install guide.
Being 1978 vintage, the guide is so old, it is faded and brittle. That is what I would like to find.
Why this antenna was discontinued, I will never figure. Built like a tank and a spring load fold over at the top of the base. Even today, it will out perform any mobile UHF antenna on the market.
The whip sets into a top adapter that screws into the top insulator. The contact is a spring doubles as the top coil.
I put a 3/16 brass button under the adapter compressing the top spring more. This increases the inductance enough the antenna will tune down to the upper UHF amateur band. The button in the base of course has to be set for max inductance.
Talk to me if you can make a great deal, if you do UHF, you might think putting this to use.
73s