Tahoe amateur repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

seh911

Feed Provider
Any hams up there that can provide info on a repeater that works well at the Northstar ski resort?

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Look for clubs in the area like Tahoe Amateur Radio Association (TARA). They have repeater directories for their area. RR listings and ARRL Repeater Books are generally lacking. You need to use local club sites.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Check the following sites for that area. If there is an amateur repeater on Mt. Pluto you should be good to go. Due to the terrain, I am unsure how well other repeater sites would cover that area. Even these lists could be out of date. As ko6jw_2 noted, track down a repeater call and see if the club, or person sponsoring it has more information.

seh911

Feed Provider
Thanks all. I've locked down repeaters for Heavenly (mostly TARA), but as you note, local knowledge is still superior to the mega listings on the internet.

Still trying to confirm which repeaters near Northstar are on air and their range.

bill4long

Thanks all. I've locked down repeaters for Heavenly (mostly TARA), but as you note, local knowledge is still superior to the mega listings on the internet. Still trying to confirm which repeaters near Northstar are on air and their range.

When you get up there, throw your call out on 146.52. Somebody will probably answer and have more info.

P.S. I love Tahoe.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
One of my nephews lives near Homewood. He works repeaters on Leviathan all the time. There is on maintained by a local club in the Minden area if I remember right and one on the linked Mono County system.

Status
Not open for further replies.