Tait Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve_c

We here in Douglas County are working on a new trunked system 440MZ using Tait Radios running MPT 1327 anyone else with similar equipment?

Thayne

Tait is more popular in Europe than here; Ditto MPT 1327.

I hope you have a good rep for Tait there, because we have had much difficulty getting parts & accessories for our Tait handhelds in Colo.

Hutton communications also has dropped the Tait line.

We will use Kenwood from now on.

scootz

Premium Subscriber
Get ahold of someone in Yamhill County, OR. They are slowly converting to Tait MPT1327. There are issues with officer/firefighter safety when the channel times out.

Some other issues with compatibility with certain types of consoles (Zetron, Motorola) and the software. There are also issues with the software and the microwave links that I don't think they have gotten fixed yet.

Several people that I know out in Yamhill County that have used the system ARE NOT impressed.

The county would have done better with a LTR system vs MPT

Zetron

MPT in Yamhill County OR

Folks,
I would like to come to Tait's defense here. The Yamhill County (YCOM) dispatch center is using Zetron consoles to talk through the Tait system to the field units.

Many of the problems encountered in the system are due to our (Zetron's) console interface and are not Tait issues.

This is the first time that a Zetron console has been married directly to the Tait infrastructure, and as you can imagine there have been a few road-bumps. Over the past few months we have been improving things with the interface and know of 2 or 3 remaining issues that need to be resolved, which we are currently working on.

Randy Richmond
Console Product Manager
Zetron, Inc.
Redmond WA
(425) 820-6363

Status
Not open for further replies.