• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tait TP9100 battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will001

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone, I am thinking about purchasing a Tait TP9100 off of eBay, but it doesn't come with a battery. I looked online for a battery pack, but it was 40 dollars at the cheapest. If anybody knew where I can buy a battery for the 9100 if I get it, that would be great.

TDR-94

Your not likely to find the batteries cheaper than that, unless you buy used.

headsense

Cheapest new aftermarket battery packs I could find online in the U.S was USD $ 48.00 Japanese Ni-Cad cells but only rated at 1500mAh. No belt clip included.

The downside even in receive only applications is about 8 hours operating at moderate volume and memory effect from infrequent or inconsistent charging.

Same supplier had Lithium Polymer 2500mAh option for USD $ 66.00. Belt clip included.

I'm not sure they ship overseas so haven't tried them yet.

I own a half dozen TP9160's and despite the pocket pain the Li Polymer option rated 2500mAh is a far superior choice. High capacity and without the large cell weight and cover a 12 hour shift on a single charge TX/RX.

I have only used factory Lithium Polymer batteries TPA-BA-206 + factory fast charger TPA-CH-002. I've got two batteries at 6+ years old consistently giving 10 hours service which is well past there expected service date. For a factory LiPoly 2500mAh here lists at equivalent to about USD $ 105.00

Great radio, don't cheap out on the battery !

Will001

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the comeback, I was only going to get the TP9100 to listen to P25 transmissions on VHF. I might just end up going with a Motorola...

headsense

I agree, a beat to death Motorola XTS3000 Model I or Model II is your destiny and price point I suspect.

Nothing wrong with that but if they do develop a significant fault throw it in the bin and just buy another as they are really starting to show their age.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.