Taking a WVA trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasby

Hi, I plan to travel south on SR 77 and then the pike to take my family to FLA. I just want to scan the Hwy Patrol (State Police) not the local PDs and sheriffs to keep awake. Do I need the WVA interop in my scanner or will the VHF-Lo (ie: 42.100 mhz) channels be ok?
Thanks in advance!

Bucko

Someone from that area will know better than me but I do go to Tenn. a lot and monitor interop for the Charleston area and 155.430 for the turnpike.

wvscanner

Database Admin
Down in Beckley if all you are doing going down I77 then turnpike is all you need from Charleston to the Virginia State line and that is 155.430.
Also if you are wanting to listen to 42.100 you should put the car freq. as well, here is 42.260

dintimid8or

Feed Provider
I-77 from Marietta (Ohio state line) to Charleston should use low band, but normally WVSP operates on local frequencies due to the limitations of the low band system. The only detachment close to I-77 North with IRP activity is Shinnston, near Clarksburg.

Mylan

Feed Provider
Here in ohio, marshall, brooke, and wetzel counties as well as many if not most of the other counties in WV, the state police are quite often dispatched on the sheriff frequency through the respective county comm. ctr. The detachment does do some dispatching also but the majority goes through the 911 ctrs. .> Also, the troopers call in signal 19's (stops) to either entity so If you want to be sure to hear what is going on, I would definitely enter the county sheriff freq's as well.......................... I have no idea what happens with the radio scheme once on the turnpike.

P.S. have fun with your scanner once you get to Fla. J/K

Mylan

Feed Provider
fmon said:
Beware of Florida scanner laws in moving vehicle.

Like what can you even pick up in Florida anyway.....? From what I keep reading on RR, everything in Florida seems to be either ENC or open sky or some other BS...
I am sooooo glad I am not from that crappy state... I will any day take the cold, snow, and ice over not being able to monitor local public service radio activity.... (and besides that- when it's snow and ice out there, I have plenty of incidents to listen to).....................

lugoffman

snjct2000 said:
Hi, I plan to travel south on SR 77 and then the pike to take my family to FLA. I just want to scan the Hwy Patrol (State Police) not the local PDs and sheriffs to keep awake. Do I need the WVA interop in my scanner or will the VHF-Lo (ie: 42.100 mhz) channels be ok?
Thanks in advance!
hey what type of scanner do u got i got a pro 97 and i use a usb port for it and was born and raised in huntington and now i live in south carolina i got some files from huntington wv all the way to columbia sc for the highway patrol if you want them email me and i give them to you also do u have a scanner that has trunking or tripple trunking on it u will need this to monitor them in the south

Status
Not open for further replies.