Talk group 2599

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC2OY

Question...I read that this talk group is Fairfield PD dispatch, why do I get it as a wildcard?! It's coming up as a P25 NJICS group.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
On my scanner if I don't have a TGID locked out it shows up on my wildcard list. I usually use TG Lockout on wildcards or program it in a list & lock it out so it doesn't show up. Basically wildcard works by finding TGIDs that have not been programmed in the scanner or have not been locked out in the scanner.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
Wildcard

Its good to put in a Wildcard (usually GRE) so you can find new talkgroups not in the database or if your scanner isnt updated you arent missing anything.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
If you don't have it programmed in your scanner then the wildcard will treat it as a "new" TGID even if it's been identified in the db. Therefore it will show up in the wildcard. It happens to me all the time where my wildcard finds a TGID that I do not have programmed in my scanlists to listen to & displays it even though it's been identified. The wildcard works with what you have programmed in your scanner not what is in the RR db.

AC2OY

If you don't have it programmed in your scanner then the wildcard will treat it as a "new" TGID even if it's been identified in the db. Therefore it will show up in the wildcard. It happens to me all the time where my wildcard finds a TGID that I do not have programmed in my scanlists to listen to & displays it even though it's been identified. The wildcard works with what you have programmed in your scanner not what is in the RR db.

Oh ok I understand now thank you Dave!

Status
Not open for further replies.