Talk Group Hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4NWD

Premium Subscriber
SDS200
ProScan 19.4.0

I am monitoring a Trunked Radio System that has LOTS of Talk Groups and User I.D.'s. Is there an easy way to scan for Talk Groups that would not be listed in the Database or on the Radio Reference Page?

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Yes, it is called Trunking Discovery. I don't use it myself, so you will have to refer to the owners manual to set it up.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
id search will search for all the talk groups on the system but it will not tell you who they are or belong to, you need to figure that out yourself.

Reconrider

Yes, it is called Trunking Discovery. I don't use it myself, so you will have to refer to the owners manual to set it up.
In this case, ID Search would work much better with recording on. That way he can download the audio clips to his computer and use Universal Audio Player and filter only the stuff he wants to hear.

Trunk discovery isn't the best at finding new stuff

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
ID Search: On. That is something set in the Options tab for the System in Favorites List editor. That's for Sentinel. ProScan should do the same thing, but it may be found elsewhere in the Favorites List editor.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ID Search: On. That is something set in the Options tab for the System in Favorites List editor. That's for Sentinel. ProScan should do the same thing, but it may be found elsewhere in the Favorites List editor.
System Options in ProScan too.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
In ProScan, select the system in the left side pane.

On the right side pane will be a line showing, among other things, system type & name, as well as the options that you see in Sentinel.
1656303444606.png

Status
Not open for further replies.