Talk group id

Status
Not open for further replies.

edc1056

Live in Clemmons nc and getting ids i did not program into scanner. I need to know how to id the ids.What comes up on scanner is 867.3000 WQBK307 10368. and 23936 There are lots of others. Is there any way to find out what they are? Iknow how to do it in conventional ch. on RR. I have a pro 2096 and program from win96 I hope i am in the right place to ask this if not could someone point me in the right direction.Thanks for any help.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
I believe you have it in "Open" mode. If you change it to "Closed" you will only receive what you programed.

You can check the database, just change it to veiw the TGID's in numerical order. ("List All In One Table")

Last edited:

edc1056

Thanks for the reply . I would also like to know if there were any way to check the #. Never saw it come up before. It was like a servalence on both 10368 and23936. I think they were the same people but switching from one ch to the other. I have other # s i would like to know where and what they are. The two above are two i would like to keep. It was very interesting. Thanks again.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Actually, if he is indeed in Forsyth County (Clemmons) then he probably wants
to use the Winston Salem/Forsyth County System as his reference point as it is the primary
system in use in that area instead of VIPER. :)
But I am sure he is still appreciative of the try to help :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Oh, I figured by the description(In VIPER) it matched what he was hearing.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Oh, I figured by the description(In VIPER) it matched what he was hearing.

I stand partly corrected :)
The Site callsign he lists in his initial post is the VIPER Winston Salem Towner Site however he ain't gonna hear his local Public Safety on that system. :D
He really needs to reprogram his scanner with the Winston Salem System I linked above.
I will try to cobble together a Winston Salem p96 file for him in few for him to try.
Marshall KE4ZNR

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Just to clarify. The TGID's, channel, call sign matched. If you look you'll see why I said not to post too much about them. :) I think we got eachother confused.

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
N0WEF--No worries. Just trying to get the original poster monitoring his local system. :)

edc1056--I have attached to this post a file named "WinstonSalemp96.zip".
Download the zip file and unzip the contents to your desktop. You should now have
a "WinstonSalem.p96" file on your desktop. Use Win96 to select File->Open then select
the WinstonSalem.p96 file and upload the file to your Pro2096. You should then start
to hear local WSalem/Forsyth County Comms. :)

Marshall KE4ZNR

Attachments

• WinstonSalemp96.zip
    16.4 KB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.