Talk Group ID's in Search mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasoyeom

I've noticed that when scanning a trunked system (in this case Fleetnet in Ontario) in search mode the scanner will display a talk group id and that if patched with another tg it will show both tg id's.

eg. It will show as being on tg 8288 but on the larger part of the display it shows tg 8288 and tg 3450.

I don't think that can be entered as a text description though?

Jason

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You'd need to program the text description for the talkgroups. Search mode will play stuff not programmed, but you won't have the descriptions because they are not programmed. Once you add them, they will show just like any other talkgroup.

jasoyeom

I understand I have to put in the descriptions. What I'm saying is that if it finds a talk group that is patched and has no text description then it will display the tg id's of the two patched groups:

Using Display 2:

Patched groups such as 8432 & 8368 would show up on Line 2 as: "8432 8368"
and on line 3 it shows the group to be 8432.

It's a nice feature to show which tg's are patched together too bad that adding a description will stop both tg id's from showing up and showing the text instead. If I could match the patch tg's to be Norfolk & Oxford rather than their number equivalent it would be better.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Couldn't you put "patch between" in the text description?

jasoyeom

If in search mode on a trunked system using display mode 2 the scanner comes across a patched group. No descriptions for the tg id's have been entered:

The 2nd line displays the tg id's of both tg's that are patched and the third line shows what I presume is the original tg.

Example:

Line 2: 8288 8432
Line 3: 8288

Now if I put in a text description for tg 8288 it will overide the display of the two talk groups (8288 8432) with the text description. What I'm saying is that if there was a way to determine the tg id of the patched groups then I could put in the appropriate description of the two groups.

I understand that Motorola uses special status bits +3 in this case for a patch but how would one determine what is patched? if 8288 + 3 is patched it could be any other group that is patched with it.

I'm not sure how the scanner determines which groups are patched together. One that is determined then the appropriate tg description of the patched groups can be applied.

jasoyeom

I'm attaching a log showing the monitoring of a P25 system with no talk group id's entered into memory. As you can see the BCD396XT displays the tg id of each group that is patched together. Once a description is entered for the tg id then you can no longer tell if a tg is patched together or which groups are patched together.

TG's 3840 & 8336 are patched together but the tg id shows up as 8336:
SUB MAIN MAIN
TG & TG TGID
ID:3840 8336 8336 None 745 8:04:28 PM 00:00:08 Woodstock 21WSTK
ID:36960 35680 35680 None 779 8:07:51 PM 00:00:02 Simcoe 32SIMC

I'm presuming that the 3rd tg is the main talk group that that the first talk group was added to make the patched group. As soon as you add the tg description for 8336 ie Oxford OPP then you lose the ability to see what talk groups are patched together.

Status
Not open for further replies.