ARC536: talk groups erased

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene

Greetings. I just updated some Trunking frequencies in 2 sites in 2 FL's. After entering and saving them I happened to check the talk groups and noticed that they apparently self erased. Every single talkgroup and all associated data was gone from every single site on both FL's. How did this occur and more precisely how can it be repaired as I do not want to have to spend hours recompiling hundreds of data entries. Thank you in advance for any help.

Eugene. KG4AVE

sslater0679

Premium Subscriber
This is happening to me as well. Just last night I was adding some new NXDN trunking frequencies and was looking through the talkgroups tabs. After looking at one talkgroup and moving to the next, than went back to the previous all the talkgroups that were listed had disappeared. So i started over and re-imported the information and got the same results.

Eugene

I am hoping that there is a way to import from the scanner. I'm sure you can but never had to before. Manually recompiling would involve close to 60 systems on 2 FL's with a minimum of 4-5 talkgroups per system. Having to do that will send me into a dimension of p***ed off I have never been in before. Thanks for the reply.

Eugene KG4AVE

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
Very disappointed here as well with ARC536. I'm incredibly frustrated that I PURCHASED software which should make my hobby easier and instead come to find out it just doesn't work. Reasoning for buying ARC536 was to control the flow of info that I only wanted, not what Sentinel thought Ishould need. I wanted to program my SDS100 for a road trip which I leave for on Thursday and will no longer have time to do. So that was money well spent... Sorry Butel, but I need to put a crappy product on blast here.

Nothing I do works, nothing I do can make it go right. It's impossible to manually type all of the talkgroups in even with a few days left. As a paying customer, you need to fix this. Make it right.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Very disappointed here as well with ARC536. I'm incredibly frustrated that I PURCHASED software which should make my hobby easier and instead come to find out it just doesn't work. Reasoning for buying ARC536 was to control the flow of info that I only wanted, not what Sentinel thought Ishould need. I wanted to program my SDS100 for a road trip which I leave for on Thursday and will no longer have time to do. So that was money well spent... Sorry Butel, but I need to put a crappy product on blast here.

Nothing I do works, nothing I do can make it go right. It's impossible to manually type all of the talkgroups in even with a few days left. As a paying customer, you need to fix this. Make it right.

The software works very well for many others, what exactly are you not able to accomplish?

Your description of "it just doesn't work" doesn't exactly invite helpful responses.

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
The talkgroups don't import from radioreference which is why I posted my frustration here in this thread. I could have made my own thread about it but that would be pointless. I've been through as many threads on here as I can find about it, which are not many. Filters for talkgroups, filters for service tags (which I don't think has any bearing on what my problem is, but it was investigated), I'm ready to smash something against a wall. Sentinel sucks, Butel was supposed to be better. Not so much the case here. I can't even find older Butel software to go back to in the hopes that at the cost of some updates, the talkgroup import feature works for me. FYI, I'm on ARC536BASIC Version 2.2 build 10.

I'm not dumb, not new, not green to scanning or radio. A product should just work as intended, which this does not.

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
Open Butel.
(assume a blank folder structure)

Click on RR button up top (also tried the "internet" drop down menu with no change in result, was hoping the button was somehow broken)
Provide valid UN/PW login - I am a premium subscriber to RR service

Select State (for purposes of this thread, selecting "Ohio"
Click on Trunk Systems
Select "Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications / Project 25" from drop-down box
Data will now populate in Sites and Talkgroups as I expect.
Select Sites "Ada (Kenton)" - solely for the purposes of this thread and simplicity because it is the top site available
Select Talkgroups " Adams County" - solely for the purposed of this thread and simplicity because it is the top talkgroup list available

System name as "Use agency/County Name"
All A D M T FE PE ST are green (I've also tried this with all of the markers as grey with no change in result)

Select "Import"

Now looking at "Favorite Browser" window:
Sites "Ada (Kenton)" has control channels populating the trunk freqs tab (this works, not contesting this functionality)
UnitId's empty (not contesting this functionality)
Adams County (01) has blank talkgroups - there should be 26 tgid's here

The manual covers 2.0 build 14 (as said, I am using 2.2 build 10 full version) and doesn't cover how to report an issue, at least now what I read.

Eugene

ofd8001: Thanks for the reply. I thought that may be the case. Will give it a try. KC8ESL....good luck...hope you get it resolved.

Eugene KG4AVE

Status
Not open for further replies.