Sentinel: Talk Groups not fully being uploaded using sentinel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Listenandscan

New to the zip upload and had my old scanner programed. so very limited knowledge of this. My old scanner (BCD396xt) picks up all the MAC channels and a few TAC from what i see them categorized as Talk groups. But looking and watching what the new scanner (Bcd436hp) picks up it gets a talk group named

25249dcDCSP Troop 2CTroop 2C Dispatch (Baca, Bent, Cheyenne, Crowley, Kiowa, E. Las Animas, Otero, Prowers) Law Dispatch

I don't understand why that one loads plus many other talk groups under the Zip feature load but this one below don't or a few TAC talk group ones

4010faaDMAC 11 SE LEMAC 11 SE - Law Enforcement Interop

Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated

tvengr

Well Known Member
The 396XT receives only the frequencies and talkgroups programmed into it. The SD card scanners, such as the 436HP, contain the entire nationwide Radio Reference database. Did you use programming software with the 396XT?

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
New to the zip upload and had my old scanner programed. so very limited knowledge of this. My old scanner (BCD396xt) picks up all the MAC channels and a few TAC from what i see them categorized as Talk groups. But looking and watching what the new scanner (Bcd436hp) picks up it gets a talk group named

25249dcDCSP Troop 2CTroop 2C Dispatch (Baca, Bent, Cheyenne, Crowley, Kiowa, E. Las Animas, Otero, Prowers)Law Dispatch

I don't understand why that one loads plus many other talk groups under the Zip feature load but this one below don't or a few TAC talk group ones

4010faaDMAC 11 SE LEMAC 11 SE - Law EnforcementInterop

Interop Services might be turned off, you might have to turn it on: Selecting Service Types (BCD436HP Easier to Read)

Listenandscan

The 396XT receives only the frequencies and talkgroups programmed into it. The SD card scanners, such as the 436HP, contain the entire nationwide Radio Reference database. Did you use programming software with the 396XT?
I had someone program it when I bought it off ebay over 6 years ago I remember they informed me about some type of software and using radio reference.

donc13

Premium Subscriber

25249dcDCSP Troop 2CTroop 2C Dispatch (Baca, Bent, Cheyenne, Crowley, Kiowa, E. Las Animas, Otero, Prowers) Law Dispatch

4010faaDMAC 11 SE LEMAC 11 SE - Law Enforcement Interop

The MAC talk groups are for mutual aid use only. They normally have no traffic except when 2 or more agencies cooperating on a specific event.

I scanned the MAC talk groups for several years when I lived in Longmont and Loveland and almost never heard anything on them.

Only certain towers (sites) were used for MAC

Status
Not open for further replies.