Talk groups on JPSO Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

N5PCX

I have noticed over the past month some changes or new talk groups in the JPSO site.
The St. benard talk groups have already been addressed, but I have noticed some others:

TG 2832 Appears to be NCIC and DL lookups for JPSO
TG 4624 Not sure yet, have heard some references to New Orleans schools
TG 12912 Have heard references to the Belle Chasse area

If anyone can confirm or dispute that would be good.

Sorry if this has been reported earlier, but I am new here so just trying to help out

TNX
Wes

Last edited:

N5PCX

N5PCX said:
I have noticed over the past month some changes or new talk groups in the JPSO site.
The St. benard talk groups have already been addressed, but I have noticed some others:

TG 2832 Appears to be NCIC and DL lookups for JPSO
TG 4624 Not sure yet, have heard some references to New Orleans schools
TG 12912 Have heard references to the Belle Chasse area

If anyone can confirm or dispute that would be good.

Sorry if this has been reported earlier, but I am new here so just trying to help out

TNX
Wes

The 4624 group I continue to hear strictly NOPD type traffic i.e... Making ref. to New Orleans East St. Claude and many other street names in N.O. Also getting DL checks.
Could this be a NOPD Latie patch to the JPSO site?

kevins669

Database Admin
Talkgroup 4264 is a link to LATIE. It is Troop B Coordinate Call.

Currently operating on this is the National Guard, in support of the NOPD.

Hope this adds some clarification.

Kevin

N5PCX

kevins669 said:
Talkgroup 4264 is a link to LATIE. It is Troop B Coordinate Call.

Currently operating on this is the National Guard, in support of the NOPD.

Hope this adds some clarification.

Kevin

Are talking about 4624? or 4264? if it is 4624 then thanks .

Wes

N5PCX

JpsoTalkgroups

Kevin,

I just found out that 12912 is a patch onto the JPSO system from Plaquemines Parish SO

THought you might want to know.

Thanks again

Wes

kevins669

Database Admin
That is almost correct... It is not a link... They are now actually on the JPSO "regional" system... As originally planned... Just as St. Bernard is...

There are some other talkgroups they are using too...

Hope this helps

Kevin

N5PCX

kevins669 said:
That is almost correct... It is not a link... They are now actually on the JPSO "regional" system... As originally planned... Just as St. Bernard is...

There are some other talkgroups they are using too...

Hope this helps

Kevin

Kevin,
Thanks for the info. I have heard some other talk groups in the 12xxx(12240) range. Would it be safe to bet that this would be PPSO also? Also are these links (St.BEnardSO, and PPSO)
permanent or will they move to the 700 Mhz.?

P.S. do you know anything about TG 2832?

Wes

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
kevins669 said:
Kevin,
Does this mean that Plaq. Parish has quit using LATIE system? They were pretty well established on it.

kevins669

Database Admin
Ok...

Wes: There have been a lot of additions to the JPSO system recently. Many of those that you have mentioned do belong to SBSO and PPSO...Best thing to do is monitor the stations and ID exactly what is said, ie, "Go to F2" or "Go to Talk" or "10-99 to xxxx."

2832 is a little more difficult. I honestly do not remember the specifics surrounding it, but I will give it a shot. Back when the system went operational in 98, there was some problem with either programming of the system or the radios, the latter being what I think was the problem. In order to get some things working, a patch was created linking talkgroups together. I think some radios were programmed with the wrong group. If I remember correctly, 2832 is called "New NCIC," but my memory may not be that great. There were patches created, but I do not want to quote wrong information. 4976 is the group that was also the real NCIC, but I need to verify. There was also a problem with the Bureau's dispatch channel. It was programmed as CSU-1. Crime Scene used CSU-2 as their channel. Again, they may have fixed that since then, but I don't think so.

I will be on vacation for the next week, so I will have to research this when I return

LOU: There has been zero activity on LATIE in the last 5 days or so... All on JPSO. I am puzzled as to why so much is being invested in JPSO system, when they are co-located with State 700... at least in the 3 sites in St. Bernard and Plaquemines... JPSO has a very good system...Maybe the additional systems were paid for before the storm? Only thing on LATIE has been NOPD links and such...

I don't really know what the future holds for public safety communications in NOLA, but ya'll gotta admit this is the coolest stuff since someone said "EDACS who?" over 10 years ago.

Certainly a challenge!

Hope this helps

- Kevin

And yes, Lou, I am going on vacation again :)

aj

Premium Subscriber
TG 12240 St. Bernard Fire Dispatch

TG 12912 Plaquemines SO Dispatch

TG 13136 Plaquemines SO Talk

It is nice being able to listen to Jefferson Parish, Kenner PD, St Bernard Parish and
Plaquemines Parish on one radio system.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Based on some "back channel" information, the Plaq. Parish activity on the JPSO system is temporary. They will be back on LATIE in a short while.

ghack

need help in jp with new 396

I am overwhelmed with programming this new scanner had no problems with older scanners but I can't seem to program this thing any help would be greatly appreciated this is for work

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
ghack said:
I am overwhelmed with programming this new scanner had no problems with older scanners but I can't seem to program this thing any help would be greatly appreciated this is for work
If you are using the UASD software from Uniden (free for the download) then attached is a zip file containing two examples of trunking setups. One is for the JPSO and the other is the State 800 system. Use those as examples of how the programming should look and go from there.

Last edited:

N5PCX

kevins669 said:
Ok...

Wes: There have been a lot of additions to the JPSO system recently. Many of those that you have mentioned do belong to SBSO and PPSO...Best thing to do is monitor the stations and ID exactly what is said, ie, "Go to F2" or "Go to Talk" or "10-99 to xxxx."

2832 is a little more difficult. I honestly do not remember the specifics surrounding it, but I will give it a shot. Back when the system went operational in 98, there was some problem with either programming of the system or the radios, the latter being what I think was the problem. In order to get some things working, a patch was created linking talkgroups together. I think some radios were programmed with the wrong group. If I remember correctly, 2832 is called "New NCIC," but my memory may not be that great. There were patches created, but I do not want to quote wrong information. 4976 is the group that was also the real NCIC, but I need to verify. There was also a problem with the Bureau's dispatch channel. It was programmed as CSU-1. Crime Scene used CSU-2 as their channel. Again, they may have fixed that since then, but I don't think so.

I will be on vacation for the next week, so I will have to research this when I return

LOU: There has been zero activity on LATIE in the last 5 days or so... All on JPSO. I am puzzled as to why so much is being invested in JPSO system, when they are co-located with State 700... at least in the 3 sites in St. Bernard and Plaquemines... JPSO has a very good system...Maybe the additional systems were paid for before the storm? Only thing on LATIE has been NOPD links and such...

I don't really know what the future holds for public safety communications in NOLA, but ya'll gotta admit this is the coolest stuff since someone said "EDACS who?" over 10 years ago.

Certainly a challenge!

Hope this helps

- Kevin

And yes, Lou, I am going on vacation again :)

Kevin ,

Thanks for all the info.

Wes

PS I was listening to both the 396 and the 96 today and at the same time I heard the 2832 tgid onthe 96, and on the396 heard the same audio on tgid 2835. Thought that was kind of strange, and you might be interested.

Thanks again for the info.

Wes

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
N5PCX said:
...PS I was listening to both the 396 and the 96 today and at the same time I heard the 2832 tgid onthe 96, and on the396 heard the same audio on tgid 2835. Thought that was kind of strange, and you might be interested.
You have your "Status Bits" setting on the 396T wrong. You should set it to "Ignore". It is non-settable on the Pro-96 and defaults to what would be Ignore on a Uniden.

N5PCX

Thanks Lou,

I've been getting used to the 396, the more I use it the better I like it!!!

It is kind of overwhelming (very different in the programming), but I'll get used to it.

Thanks again

Wes

N5PCX

Lou

thanks for the 2 systems (JPSO and LSP) it sure did help me get started. I've been adding systems every night. Love it, and have not touched the pro-96 in weeks

Thanks again

Wes

N5PCX

Kenner talkgroup

Found another talkgroup today on JPSO site: tgid 55056 definitely heard some undercover work all through Kenner. From martinique and West Esplenade to the Pontchartrain center back to Roosevelt and W. metairie.

If anyone can confirm letme know.

Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.