Talk Wireless LTR/Mobile Business LTR Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
It looks like both of the Talk Wireless LTR systems in Hamilton (the single channel UHF and 3 channel VHF) and the Mobile Business LTR systems in Hamilton (the 7 channel 422Mhz systems and 3 channel 900Mhz system) are all gone. I have these system in my regular scan but I haven't heard anything on any of these systems in eons. Today I decided to check to see if they where still around. I monitored each of the channels about a minute each on these systems to see if there was any LTR blips present but there was nothing but dead silence.

Matt

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Very true.. I am surprised these systems stuck around as long as they did. As far back as I can remember none of these systems where all that busy if at all. The Talk Wireless VHF system I have never heard any kind of traffic on it since i stumbled across it back in 2015. But I have noticed that both MB and TW still have semi active LTR systems in Niagara Region.

Matt

DaveH

Yes...LTR has had a good run, several decades, and is mostly gone in my area; except across the river in Gatineau, several 800MHz systems live on, including smaller ones which have merged.

Dave

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Biggest problem with LTR systems is that there's no authorization which means anyone can hijack the system. It used to happen quite a bit here on the UHF LTR system on the CN Tower.

mciupa

Database Admin
It looks like both of the Talk Wireless LTR systems in Hamilton (the single channel UHF and 3 channel VHF) and the Mobile Business LTR systems in Hamilton (the 7 channel 422Mhz systems and 3 channel 900Mhz system) are all gone. I have these system in my regular scan but I haven't heard anything on any of these systems in eons. Today I decided to check to see if they where still around. I monitored each of the channels about a minute each on these systems to see if there was any LTR blips present but there was nothing but dead silence.

Matt

Database has been updated to corroborate your findings.

Thanks, Matt! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.