Talkgrounds worked than stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.

mriley7212

I have a new Pro 197 and when I first added the channels I got the trunked talkgroups and now I do not have one of the trunked groups at all. I there a setting to receive them.

Mike

n0lqt

I have a new Pro 197 and when I first added the channels I got the trunked talkgroups and now I do not have one of the trunked groups at all. I there a setting to receive them. Mike

Stop (MAN) it on the system you want to listen to and press the middle softkey labeled "TSYS" and the and then the right hand one labeled "Analyz". Using the arrow keys, scroll down thru the system frequencies to be sure you are getting an active control channel. You may or may not actully hear the data channel, but the bottom line of the display will change to a percentage reading and various system/site informational numbers. As long as the decode is above about 60%, you are receiving enough data to decode it. If it is below that or no control channels are getting received at all, you have a problem. You may want to check your outside antenna or feedline (if you are not using one, consider getting one)

If nothing at all, check the database to see if the control channel has changed recently or try the alternate control channel listed. Some systems rotate thru various control channels on a regular basis, just to confuse us I think....

mriley7212

I used ARC500 to download the freq from RR

I will try the stop and check the control channel. But its funny that it worked and then it does not.

mriley7212

I tried the checking of the control channel and I get a strong signal and voices. But nothing in the scan.

puzzleriddle

CC or AC changed or both?. I would go ahead & program all frequencies then you be "covered" regardless of when or what Freq they may use. ;)

mriley7212

I lowered the squelch and then took out all the ATT and 3 of the 5 have showed up. Now its the P25 and a LTR that have been heard but not showing up lately. I'll keep trying.

mriley7212

the P25 has 90+ % when i am in the manual mode but when the unit scans I get nothing. How can that happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.