Talkgroup DEC/HEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

caravanken

I have Win500 connected to my PR-197 and all is working well. When I look at my P25 data in Win500 the TGID is a numerical value. The data in RR shows two columns labeled DEC and HEX. Is there any way to convert the DEC/HEX values into a TGID number?

Ken
W0KRD

caravanken

HEX/DEC

In Win500 on the TSYS tab there are a number of columns showing all kinds of information about the System selected. The first column is labeled ID with a 5 digit number. Now that I have a way to convert the HEX value from RR I have determined the Win500 ID column is the numerical equivalent of the HEX number. Also now I know the Win500 column labeled Group or Radio ID is the equivalent of the HEX value.

I wish there was a better way to learn about the Win500 program like a Help file. I understand the person that developed this program seems to be among the missing or I would contact him via email. I really like the program but I think it needs some updating.

Thanks to all for your input.

Ken
W0KRD

n5ims

I have Win500 connected to my PR-197 and all is working well. When I look at my P25 data in Win500 the TGID is a numerical value. The data in RR shows two columns labeled DEC and HEX. Is there any way to convert the DEC/HEX values into a TGID number?

Ken
W0KRD

No conversion is needed. The two columns are like listing the same phrase in both English and Chinese, the DEC col is the talkgroup value in decimal (used by most scanners) and the HEX col is the talkgroup in hexadecimal (used by some commercial radios). Simply pick the version that suites your radio (since you specify Win500 and posted in the Radio Shack Scanner forum this will normally be the DEC value).

I hope that this answered your question. (Or if you prefer it in Chinese, 我希望這回答了你的問題。). Although it sounds like the OP discovered this on their own, I wanted to make it crystal clear to others that may have the same issue and find your question from searching.

I wish there was a better way to learn about the Win500 program like a Help file. I understand the person that developed this program seems to be among the missing or I would contact him via email. I really like the program but I think it needs some updating.

The author is a member of this forum, DonS (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/user/DonS). His company Starrsoft produces software for many recent scanners. He also wrote the firmware for the most recent GRE and Radio Shack scanners so this line of software isn't his main job, which limits the time he has to spend creating and maintaining it (although he does a great job despite the limited time available). You may want to post your suggestions on the Scanner Programming Software Forum (http://forums.radioreference.com/scanner-programming-software/) to see if Don or others may want to take some action on them.

Last edited:

caravanken

Thanks n5ims for your help. Being able to identify which column in Win500 correlates to the Display info in the RadioReference Trunked Radio System Report for the KSICS was my goal. With the calculator I was able to make that association.
Thanks again
Ken
W0KRD

Status
Not open for further replies.