talkgroup id's

Status
Not open for further replies.

karpam

hi i am really new to scanning, i just purchased a gre psr-300 for my dad for christmas and knew i had to program it because he would be lost! I live in West Hants Nova Scotia, by some miracle i have managed to get the trunk system working and it is scanning and picking up annapolis valley ehs and my local rcmp and public works and a few others but i am getting alot of talk groups that i dont know what they are? i have searched the database but cant find them anywheres! how can i tell what these talkgroups are?
thanks alot for the help!

unlisted

Lots of talkgroups have not been identified before- hence them not being in the database.

Listen to the chatter for a while, and someone will "slip up" enough for you to figure who who/where/what that talkgroup is, than you can add it to the database.

:)

mciupa

Hi karpam ,welcome to RadioReference :)

Why not post the ones you can't find here ?
Maybe they will look familiar to someone down your way.

hfxChris

Database Admin
The TMR has a lot of business users as well, so you're probably picking up a lot of those. None of them are listed in the database, probably because not too many people are interested in them enough to submit them.

stiffy288

hi,i have a psr-300 here in kings county pei,trying to program it to receive rcmp,but to no avail.anyone have any helpfull info on what i need,i have no programming cable,

i have the 411.1625 freq in it but it stops on it but gives no audio for it

ve1sef

hi i am really new to scanning, i just purchased a gre psr-300 for my dad for christmas and knew i had to program it because he would be lost! I live in West Hants Nova Scotia, by some miracle i have managed to get the trunk system working and it is scanning and picking up annapolis valley ehs and my local rcmp and public works and a few others but i am getting alot of talk groups that i dont know what they are? i have searched the database but cant find them anywheres! how can i tell what these talkgroups are?
thanks alot for the help!

Just notice your reference to local RCMP. The PSR 300 is an analog scanner not designed to pick up digital signals, such as the RCMP.
I suspect you are picking up analog talk-groups from either Kentville PD 34192(simicast over vhf 154.890) or Truro PD 17872.

Status
Not open for further replies.