Talkgroup Info (Waterbury)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris0381

Im sorry no one has responded. I have no info on the Waterbury system either and would. I suggest you program in the frequencies, leave to Trunk open and listen in with a note pad and jot down the IDs that appear and make a note of what they are talking about. And then become the sole contributor of the Waterbury Trunk system to RR and challenge anyone to make corrections.

This is were the fun comes in.

Best of Luck

Chris

Chris0381

Waterbury does have IDs according to the Scanmaster book (2005) but it uses a Mulrinet Trunking system and it is pointed out that it is NOT TRACKABLE BY ANY CURRENT SCANNER. This was also pointed out to my by a sales rep at Lentini's in Newington who sold my buddy what appears to be an awsome Austin Spectra mobile antenna that was pricey but performed surprisingly excellent and I may get one myself soon.

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
The LTR Multinet has IDs to track but CANNOT be trunktracked by any scanner available today. You can listed to all the system traffic in conventional mode but cannot trunktrack it. The only way to follow a single talkgroup without having a programmed EFJ radio is to use the LTRTrunker and 2 scanner method.

The talkgroup info that appears in the Scannermaster is correct and was current at the time of publishing. There are many more talkgroups (DPW, city services, etc) but there was a space issue for the book.

chris

Chris0381

Wow

Thanks cg. That was very informative. That aslo makes things a bit clearer. I try tunning in in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.