Talkgroup Scan Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyEmsGuy

I am curious what people are setting the delay time to for talkgroups. The default is 2000 which equates to 2 seconds. I am sure people have tried all different settings. I would like to know what people are finding that works well. Thanks!!!

hypersight

7 Seconds. I set it like this primarily for safety reasons. When I'm driving I have enough time to press the pause button if I hear something of interest if I can't take my eyes off the road right away.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
See, I tend to set mine lower than two seconds (1-1.5). I like to have mine go right through to the next transmission so if it stops on "BS" I don't have to hear it for long. If it's a good conversation it will scan right back to it in a second and I can then stop on that TG if I want. Most of the time I don't want to hear the everyday traffic stop in my office so I'd rather it skip right past these. I try and set my scanners up for very fast operation so if I do catch a good one I can just quickly tap the traunk button.

Guess everyone might have different preferences depending on different organizations you follow. I listen to mostly PD/EMS so conversations are GENERALLY quick. I'm sure if I wanted to hear milair or rail I might opt for a longer delay time in order to hear the full conversation.

Good question- never really thought of making my time longer- might try it to see what happens.

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
I usually set mine to 3500 (3.5 seconds). It seems to be the best compromise for my listening habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.