Talkgroup weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.

theTastyCat

Hey all - long story short, Nashville has a P25 system, most of which is simulcast, but there are two more distant sites that are not. When I'm near those sites, I'd prefer to monitor the nearby TGs with the non-simulcast setup. So, I duplicated the trunked system so that I could have my original one, monitoring the simulcast setup with the TGs I'm usually nearby, and set up the duplicate one to monitor one of the remote, non-simulcast sites with the TGs that are close by it as well as some countywide ones.

Trouble is that I can't manipulate the TGs independently. When I lockout or unlockout a TG on one system, the same happens to the other, which is driving me crazy. Is the only way to do this to do a fresh import of the entire system or enter it all in manually as a new system?

Thanks all!

mikey60

You should find two copies of each talkgroup if you duplicated the system. One belonging to each. You wouldn't notice it unless you look in the scanlists tab and the talkgroups from both copies of the system are in the same scanlist.

Mike

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Also when you duplicate a system it duplicates the scanlist you assigned to it. So if you had it assigned to list 4 originally then it will still have all TGs assigned to list 4 when you duplicate it.

Even if you assign a new list to the duplicated system you have to unselect original assigned list from the new system. I've had that happen a few times when I miss unchecking the original list from the new system.

I don't know if that could be your issue or not but it would explain it. If the original list is still selected then locking out a TG in your new system would apply to the original as well I believe.

theTastyCat

OK, sometimes I think EZScan gets a little drunk and needs to go to bed. Restarted it and sure enough, two copies of every TG, all assigned to the original scanlist. Now working like a charm! Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.