Talkgroups in Carter County, Tn

Status
Not open for further replies.

zwa2go

Premium Subscriber
Hello. I am a newbie up front. I have just purchased a Radio Shack Pro-197 and I love it. I have ARC500 PRO software and a premium membership to Radioreference. I have most of my county freqs working but I am having trouble with the Talkgroups as shown in Radioreference. There are three trunk systems showing for Carter county. Two Motorolas(TriCities Communications (one is the control freqs and one is for repeaters I believe)) and one LTR (Epperson Communications). When I select LTR, it does not show any talkgroups. When I select the two Motorolas, it shows 32 talkgroups. Downloaded into ARC500 PRO software, the talkgroups show TriCities Communications but on my scanner they show up as LTR (Epperson). I can't figure it out. I have linked the talkgroups to both TriCities and the Epperson to no avail. I cannot get any traffic to show up on either one. Does anyone out there have any idea as to what I can do to resolve the problem and get the talkgroups to work? I like the easy way that the ARC500PRO sofware works but some of the screen shots in their manual relates only to the GRE models and not the Radio Shack PRO-197. They need a separate manual for the Radio Shack models as the Radio Shack buttons have a "CLR" button but not on that shown for the GRE screen shots in the manual. I wish the software showed more info, especially on the virtual screen. Also, there is a problem with Radio IDs and object IDs. Object shows up on the virtual screen but ID does not. Confusing.

n4yek

Hello. I am a newbie up front. I have just purchased a Radio Shack Pro-197 and I love it. I have ARC500 PRO software and a premium membership to Radioreference. I have most of my county freqs working but I am having trouble with the Talkgroups as shown in Radioreference. There are three trunk systems showing for Carter county. Two Motorolas(TriCities Communications (one is the control freqs and one is for repeaters I believe))
Nope, 2 different systems. The Type II system you can monitor on your scanner, the other is a MotoTrbo system which you can't monitor with your scanner so don't even download it.
and one LTR (Epperson Communications). When I select LTR, it does not show any talkgroups.
No one has monitored that system enough to figure out the talkgroups, it might not have anything anyone cares about monitoring, that's all.
When I select the two Motorolas, it shows 32 talkgroups. Downloaded into ARC500 PRO software, the talkgroups show TriCities Communications but on my scanner they show up as LTR (Epperson). I can't figure it out.
Try NOT loading that LTR system at all just to see if that fixes your problem, again there might not be anything intersting there anyway.
I have linked the talkgroups to both TriCities and the Epperson to no avail.
Each system will have it's own talkgroups, they are independent from each other. The only time you will link talkgroups is on a 'simulcast' system.

zwa2go

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all. I found out in Radioreference that no scanner will monitor MotoTRBO systems but I notice some new ones that will track BMS race drivers which I think might be on the system as several BMS talkgroups are on the system. Thanks all for your help and responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.