Tampa area DMR on 451.525 Who/Where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Group,
I am trying to find the location of where this DMR datastream is coming from. I cannot tell if it is Connect Plus, Linked Capacity Plus, or what. I have looked at the FCC licensing and it does not seem like there is a specific Company that stands out. I receive it near Tampa Airport approx 3 signal bars with a mag mount antenna. I was interested in this signal because it looks different than most systems I run into using the DMR Decode software. Thank you, TT.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Considering I tuned it in in Lakeland and it is >-70dBm here at my house in Downtown Lakeland, sounds like MotoTRBO but this is not the usual datastream I am use to hearing.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
May be a Hytera Tier 3 trunking system? I know those Lakeland guys are into a bunch of stuff........TT

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Nope, not us. We only have FB6 hyteras on 3 channels here. Closest hit would by EMIC (Sebring), they have a YK license in south lakeland near our site, and I thought they were no longer in the area, and took their gear back to Highlands County. So you guess is as good as mine.

Evans
Lakeland.

Last edited:

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
OH, the other place this might be is Mosaic, but I dont think so, they using Cap. Plus.
This datastream, how ever, sounds very much like Type II/i control channel.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
I worked on some of the Mosaic/CF gear in a previous life. They all are/were VHF and UHF Cap+ systems. I wasn't sure if it was Sunstate Richard, NXDN, or what. I have been very active with the Suntalk crew lately as we have added several sites and are adding more. I had figured that wide area dispatch radio was on the decline, but so many people are building out systems. TT

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Wide Area Radio

I worked on some of the Mosaic/CF gear in a previous life. They all are/were VHF and UHF Cap+ systems. I wasn't sure if it was Sunstate Richard, NXDN, or what. I have been very active with the Suntalk crew lately as we have added several sites and are adding more. I had figured that wide area dispatch radio was on the decline, but so many people are building out systems. TT

Well, we are looking at going 75 North and South. We have I-4 covered with Tampa and Lakeland. Orlando
is already on the network, new site in the works for Bithlo to get a larger Metro Orlando footprint.
I will know more later, possible mid July or August.

EFM

Status
Not open for further replies.