• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Tampa Fire Rescue

jafarm66

Premium Subscriber
I can understand using UHF MED Channels instead of other systems due to signal strength. What I can’t understand is why use phone? Only reason I can think of to use phone is HIPA or whatever the medical privacy act is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can understand using UHF MED Channels instead of other systems due to signal strength. What I can’t understand is why use phone? Only reason I can think of to use phone is HIPA or whatever the medical privacy act is.
Throughout my region, we almost exclusively use phones for contacting the hospitals. We can take it in the house with us if needed, allows the ER staff to ask protected information if needed, doesn’t keep a single talkgroup tied for one patient report (same on UHF MED channels), and is generally just easier to do. I haven’t given a HEAR report on a radio in 15 years I bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dug up some old info I had. Of course, some of the names have changed and there are additional hospitals.

Name - Channel - Tone
Hillsborough - Med 7 - 127.3 (County)
Brandon RMC - Med 1 - 127.3
Moffitt - Med 3 - 127.3
Kindred Bay - Med 4 - 127.3
Kindred Central - Med 42 - 127.3
Memorial - Med 5 - 127.3
St. Joseph's - Med 2 - 127.3
South Bay - Med 12 - 127.3
S FL Baptist - Med 52 - 127.3
TGH - Med 72 - 127.3
Town & Country - Med 62 - 127.3