Tampa Fire Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
They did use the talkgroup very briefly but not anymore. They use a mix of the UHF Med channels and phone.

jafarm66

I can understand using UHF MED Channels instead of other systems due to signal strength. What I can’t understand is why use phone? Only reason I can think of to use phone is HIPA or whatever the medical privacy act is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mule1075

Feed Provider
I can understand using UHF MED Channels instead of other systems due to signal strength. What I can’t understand is why use phone? Only reason I can think of to use phone is HIPA or whatever the medical privacy act is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's HIPPA

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber

Throughout my region, we almost exclusively use phones for contacting the hospitals. We can take it in the house with us if needed, allows the ER staff to ask protected information if needed, doesn’t keep a single talkgroup tied for one patient report (same on UHF MED channels), and is generally just easier to do. I haven’t given a HEAR report on a radio in 15 years I bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Creed Bratton informed me that you are ALL incorrect. It's hippopotamus, and he holds the highest rank in the animal kingdom.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Dug up some old info I had. Of course, some of the names have changed and there are additional hospitals.

Name - Channel - Tone
Hillsborough - Med 7 - 127.3 (County)
Brandon RMC - Med 1 - 127.3
Moffitt - Med 3 - 127.3
Kindred Bay - Med 4 - 127.3
Kindred Central - Med 42 - 127.3
Memorial - Med 5 - 127.3
St. Joseph's - Med 2 - 127.3
South Bay - Med 12 - 127.3
S FL Baptist - Med 52 - 127.3
TGH - Med 72 - 127.3
Town & Country - Med 62 - 127.3