Tampa GOP Convention

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9fam

Is anyone going to scan for the freqs and systems used during the upcoming GOP RNC Convention?
I assume systems are being tested beginning no later than next week.
Try 165.7875, 165.375, 164.65, 165.2125 for USSS (and search the 162-174 range).
The RNC probably will have a trunked system, and there should be some system used for buses to transport delegates.
Also, try the usual Radio-TV mobile channels, such as 450-451, and 455-456, plus: 161.64,161.67,161.70,161.73,161.76, and 166.25 and 170.15.

SCPD

QRT
Good luck down there. When the RNC was up here in St.Paul there was quite a bit of trouble from the troublemakers. The P25 system used here worked great since so many different agencies were involved during the event. Except for the violence at times, it was a success!

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
So far it's been silent on the P25 system I wish I knew the official roll out day and time they'll make the switch for testing and etc.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I am really surprised they haven't already. Figured the RNC would be High Priority.

Don't see why either, to me RNC + Governors + Secret Service = High priority as well knowing how busy downtown Tampa.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Not sure. We would still see new talkgroups pop up without audio even if they were encrypted, but it just seems like no radios are being keyed up on it yet.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Guess their waiting to the last minute to switch over to the system.

tpredmore

A local radio company is setting up a 5 site MotoTRBO system that will allow most conference & lodging sites to talk to each other. Its my understanding that most of the radio traffic at the Forum will also be on this system.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
A local radio company is setting up a 5 site MotoTRBO system that will allow most conference & lodging sites to talk to each other. Its my understanding that most of the radio traffic at the Forum will also be on this system.

Now, having this come along must be something new last thing I knew Tampa, Hillsborough county and some other agencies are going to be using the new P25 system. Can you say what radio company is putting up the 5 sites? Can't find anything about via Google search.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
I can confirm that it originally was supposed to be a 5 site Linked Capacity Plus system. The system is now slightly different in configuration, but if you scan 450-470mhz, you can easily match the frequency to the radio shop. There are several other trbo signals out there... so don't get them confused (ie not St Joes, Telecom Network,National Orders, TECO, etc....).

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I can confirm that it originally was supposed to be a 5 site Linked Capacity Plus system. The system is now slightly different in configuration, but if you scan 450-470mhz, you can easily match the frequency to the radio shop. There are several other trbo signals out there... so don't get them confused (ie not St Joes, Telecom Network,National Orders, TECO, etc....).

I know at St. Joesph Main Hospital security uses Motorola XPR radios not sure which model their using I want to say the 6550 if I had to guess and the medical response teams just to say Hillsborough County, Tampa Fire uses some type of Motorola XTS radios, I want to say AMR uses different kind of dispatch radio and the driver uses a nextel phone if that fails they use a android type of phone I think its a personal phone they use as well.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Vice

If I were in the area & listening to a scanner, I would make sure to check the Vice channels down there. Conventions tend to bring out adventure-seeking behavior in both political parties. I would love to have the opportunity to monitor said activity, but it is much too hot outside. Hopefully, people can monitor P25 transmissions.

RyanRox099

Premium Subscriber

Also don't get confused with the new Hillsborough County public school buses brand-new Trbo system that they're testing now. That is a 2 repeater Capacity Plus system.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Ryan,
Forgot about that one. Getting UHF public safety licensing for that system was a pain in the backside! Sometimes I miss Tampa and the two way radio industry. Make sure to run dmrdecode on that system to program you trbo radio. Glad to see you post. Ty

Status
Not open for further replies.