Tampa/St Pete area inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcu02mpa

I am new to the Tampa St Pete area and notice numerous USCG aircraft and other military aviation from nearby MacDill AFB. Does anyone have or can point me to a list of some MIL-COMM stuff for this area to have in my scanner? Thanks. I already have the VHF marine stuff. I also hear P25 encrypted traffic on USCG frequencies.

KB4MSZ

Billy
Premium Subscriber
I have been wondering what the purpose is behind the Coast Guard Jayhawk helicopter buzzing over south Tampa for several hours every evening. Seems like a rather expensive neighborhood watch program.

:)

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
I am new to the Tampa St Pete area and notice numerous USCG aircraft and other military aviation from nearby MacDill AFB.
Welcome to the area. If you are not already aware, the USCG aviation assets normally operate out of St. Pete / Clearwater airport (KPIE). I have heard the CG helos use FM in the clear for flight following and some at-sea exercises and incidents. Most of the good stuff, however, is no doubt encrypted.

kny2xb

All of these are AM mode

345.000 I hear CG aircraft checking in and out with CG St. Pete

311.000 MacDill Command Post

321.000 & 323.8000 are also listed as MacDill Command Post,
but I haven't copied any usage on these two but I keep them loaded just in case

If you're close to MacDill:
372.200 is listed as Pilot-to-Dispatch, PTD
I believe that it's the same thing as Clearance Delivery to civil aircraft

225.050 is listed as PMSV, Pilot-to-Metro-Service, I believe it's military aviation weather

Aerial refueling:

235.100 AR-200 Primary, it runs from Alabama SE down the coast to the Naples area, I have copied activity on this freq

348.900 AR-618 Primary, west of Naples? in the Gulf

238.900 AR-620 Primary, inland, Central FL, probably active over Avon Park Range

276.500 AR-655 Primary, west of Tampa Bay in the Gulf

283.900 AR-716 Primary, in the Gulf, looks like it stretches between Manatee down to Fort Myers or so

If I have any of these wrong, someone please update me

I live in Dunedin, it's a stretch away from MacDill, so I probably miss a lot, even with a small outdoor antenna

I can vouch for 311.0, 345.0 and 235.1

If the others are correct, I hope that they help

Status
Not open for further replies.